SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you're in a cradle not sitting on jack stands ?

I agree with you that it appears that whoever blocked this up did a poor job. The Boat should rest on it's keel 1st and those pads should not be taking the kind of load that would bend your stringer. They should have blocked under the keel 1st to take the load, and then raise the pads to the hull, not the other way around.

You can fix it this year, but, could be back at it again next year if the yard does the same blocking job. Just my opinion mixed with speculation. Would be good to see a shot of the whole blocking job.

· Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
Reaction score
Civdis,

I would approach the yard as a new boat owner and simply ask them what they think happened here; then, ask them if they can add a separate jackstand or two to either side of this cradle pad so you and they can both inspect the hull. They should certainly be willing to do that for you, at the very least. You should be able to get a feel from them as you both inspect the vessel together whether or not they are going to volunteer any responsibility or contribute to the repair.

I know you weren't there when they put you in the cradle, but did you return shortly afterward and was the boat leaning when you did?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.