SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redid fuel system on our Islander 32 and only thing left is the fuel inlet hose from the deck to the tank. 1 1/2" hose. The hose is so tight can't get it to budge much. Tried a little light grease on the fittings. Will heat work like on the sanatation type hoses. Only thing have not tried. Any ideas appreciated. THanks

·
Owner, Green Bay Packers
1,000 Posts
Heat will work but should be applied gently so as to not burn the ends of the hose and thereby make them brittle. A heat gun or bucket filled with hot water may be preferable to the propane torch in this area. I like a bit of silicone grease on the fittings as well.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Heat should help. I like using a hair dryer for this because I can dispense the heat uniformly over a wide area of the hose end. Be careful around your fuel as most hairdryers don't have a protected spark.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give the heat a try....had pulled the tank and cut to cleanout ports on top (each side of the baffle) so future problems should be easier to deal with. Had a crusty film in the tank...(diesel). It's clean now...replaced every line in it so hopefully will help the fuel problems for awhile. Boat had sat up for a couple years when we bought it. Thanks for your input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts