SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· One of None
Hunter 34
9,059 Posts
Reaction score
Jim the PSS bellow tube still needs to go onto the shaft log tube. So it's still about ID and OD sizes.
I did a PSS on my boat some 5 yrs ago, no regrets. and there is dust where there used to be water dripping :)

This looks so easy under "show conditions" LOL
PSS Install Video - YouTube

Shaft alignment;

what shaft logs look like. there are many types, but yours is most likely something like this. In my boat it's a FG tube.

Reactions: Delta-T

· One of None
Hunter 34
9,059 Posts
Reaction score
You're Welcome Jim :)
funny, doing a search for 1-7/8" only PSS comes up for the bellows, they call it a "stern tube" Loose fitting hose will leak even with good clamps!

The barbs on cast bronze parts aren't usually well defined like the machined parts done on lathes

· One of None
Hunter 34
9,059 Posts
Reaction score
Just amazing how well those metal cutting wheels work Jim isn't it? I have a 14" metal chop saw and when doing things on the wheeled cradle for my boat it's usually easier to use the grinder with cutting wheel

· One of None
Hunter 34
9,059 Posts
Reaction score
Jimisun... clamp on... clamp off.... :) sand de floor... wax on wax off

Reactions: jimgo

· One of None
Hunter 34
9,059 Posts
Reaction score
Tada!

I will say, I am REALLY glad that I had the shaft and flange fit and faced. The shop made sure the flange slid on fairly easily, which made assembly easy.

Looks great Jim!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.