SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sub-Himalayan sailor!

Hi all. I grew up in Oz and loved sailing lasers and optimists as a wee kid. After a bad storm I left it alone for years and have just got back in to it here in the unlikely location of ~1800m (6000ft) above sea level, on our lovely 210km2 (80mile2) local lake, where motors are banned, wind is nearly always force 2-3 (1-4 on outlying days) and waves get surprisingly large! What sucked me in again was borrowing a friend's 25 year old Hobie16, then progressed to buying a couple of second hand Wetas. I'm totally sold on multihulls! Now dreaming of something larger, likely in a few years when my newborn grows up. Often travel back to east coast Australia via Thailand so if anyone's around either place in the mean time and would like to give me a look at their boat and/or some sea experience it'd be much appreciated. :)

I'll be in Oz from Xmas through early Feb, Thailand from early to late Feb ... but plans could change.

·
Once known as Hartley18
5,179 Posts
Welcome to Sailnet, sub. It sure sounds like an interesting place to sail! :eek: :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts