SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Reaction score
I didn't think you had the sub in the USA. I have sort of followed the project on subsim.com website. I assume the sub is one in the same. If you are ever in Canada or i am in the part of the USA you have the sub you can count me in.

· Registered
175 Posts
Reaction score
What is SSBN 506?
Ballistic missile submarines are often referred to as SSBNs and i am a sub nut. But most time the name SSBN is in use so i add my area code after it. I have used that name or a version of it for as long as i have been on the internet. I think back in 94 was when i had my first 14.4 modem and used the name on a few BBS.

· Registered
175 Posts
Reaction score
Why, Oh, why did you not get yourself into the navy?
I was a ship nut and when I turned 17, off I went. I learned it all: Flags, Morse code (visual & audible), semaphore, seamanship...all of it. I served on both coasts, Viet Nam, hydrofoils, ......18 countries in all. I have never recovered; I still tell Navy stories. I served 9 active years and was discharged in '71. You should have gone. Or maybe you should go.
When I finished High School I was accepted into the Canadian Navy ROTP program along with a few universities. But being Canadian we only had 3 Oberon diesel electric subs then. The Prime Minister at the time was going to buy nuclear subs from the US navy. But that didn't happened and I was always more drawn to the nukes. My parents told me to go to university first and then if I still wanted to join the navy I could. That was 15 years ago and I never did join the navy. But I do have three radio controlled subs, one I built when I was 14 or 15 and whenever I get the chance I go aboard any sub I can. If I was an American or Canada had purchaser the nuclear subs it is safe to say I would have joined the navy. I wont join now as i couldn't take the pay cut. I would have to sell my sailboat and i not going to do that. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.