SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly how much pain should this person endure? I'm afraid to actually click on a boat because it will reset my search settings, and I'll have to do the whole tedious process again, and again, and again......

·
Registered
999 Posts
Assuming you're boat shopping in the US, if you use the advanced search on the Yachtworld UK site it’s just the same as the old format on Yachtworld US. You’ll need to tailor all of the search parameters accordingly, though.....

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I am convinced they sabotaged the public access site to encourage people to go to brokers.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
12,239 Posts
It’s quite unfriendly now.

I find if you google for a particular boat manufacturer say Jeanneau, and then use the yachtworld solution it lists all available and sizes around the world of the manufacturers used offerings by size.

·
12,239 Posts
Yachtworld only lists certain listings though.

I google sailboat brokers in a certain area say Maryland. I then look at each brokers listings. These are more complete and more detailed than the YW search

Reactions: Skipper Jer

·
Registered
S2 7.9 Bear Lake, UT
2,519 Posts
It’s quite unfriendly now.

I find if you google for a particular boat manufacturer say Jeanneau, and then use the yachtworld solution it lists all available and sizes around the world of the manufacturers used offerings by size.
Used to be able to list multiple boat manufacturers in Yachtworld, but can't make that happen anymore.

·
12,239 Posts
I know....is why I suggested what I did

·
Registered
999 Posts
Have you tried using the advanced search on the Yachtworld UK site and tailoring the parameters for US boats? I just did, and it still allows searching in the US for multiple boat builders, sorting by length, build year, price, region, etc. It does take a few minutes to go through and convert meters to feet and currency from pounds to US dollars, but once you’ve done that it’s the same as it ever was :)

Used to be able to list multiple boat manufacturers in Yachtworld, but can't make that happen anymore.

·
Administrator
9,064 Posts
Have you tried using the advanced search on the Yachtworld UK site and tailoring the parameters for US boats? I just did, and it still allows searching in the US for multiple boat builders, sorting by length, build year, price, region, etc. It does take a few minutes to go through and convert meters to feet and currency from pounds to US dollars, but once you’ve done that it’s the same as it ever was :)
Absolute brilliant discovery! I cannot believe how badly they screwed up the US Yachtworld. They made it almost useless if you are on a targeted search.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I didn't know it had been changed, but I just went and took a look and didn't have any problems with it. In fact, I prefer the easier access to "Used" and "Sail", which used to be needlessly buried in a drop down. I clicked on a boat to look at it, then returned and my original filters and search results were still there. What am I missing?

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Good to know about the UK side. It was nice when I could do just a Pacific North West region. Now I have to sort the ALL of US or north america.....a pain!

·
Registered
Hunter 386
571 Posts
The biggest thing for me was you could no longer search the PNW (BC, Washington and Oregon) and had to do multiple searches for boats within a hundred miles of each other.

On the bright side it drove me to learn Python and build my own app to do custom searches of Yachtworld and Sailboatlistings 🙂

But ya, what the hell were they thinking.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Good to know about the UK side. It was nice when I could do just a Pacific North West region. Now I have to sort the ALL of US or north america.....a pain!
You can do that on the U.K. site....the Pacific Northwest is an option in the “Worldwide Regions” drop down menu.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Just got a survey in the email about this very subject. They want to know how they can improve YW, several selections were given, needless to say "put it back the old way" was not there.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
In the vent someone from Yachtworld looks here my bote is the new yachtworld sucks, they should go back for the old.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Now that BigDogAndy has came up with a solution, we need to focus on the punishment for those who instigated this serious atrocity. I suggest having them walk the plank over shark infested waters while Sailnet members question them as to what they think of their new design now?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
You know what else sucks? Autocorrect and predictive text :LOL: Took me two reads to figure out what you were trying to say lol.
It’s really bad if I’m rushed and don’t get to proof read. Sometimes I can’t figure out what I meant.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Now that BigDogAndy has came up with a solution, we need to focus on the punishment for those who instigated this serious atrocity. I suggest having them walk the plank over shark infested waters while Sailnet members question them as to what they think of their new design now?
I suggest we make them work a phone technical support line for users in India.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts