SailNet Community banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
We are in the San Juan Islands now. All parks are closed. Not even allowed to go ashore. Fishing is closed. Some marinas have limited space if necessary. But most closed the bathrooms, etc. Call before you go. Washington state has put a minimum two week hold on unnecessary travel. Closed all parks and stores. Not as much fun as we thought but we live-aboard anyhow so not much difference for us. Plus, the border is closed. We wanted to go to the gulf islands and catch some rockfish. Nope.

·
11,803 Posts
Safety first....social distancing means not bring the virus to other

Stay safe

·
Administrator
7,167 Posts
All Posts in this thread will take a few minutes to be reviewed before they are, *if acceptable*, posted.

However,

All political divisiveness, electioneering, name calling of members or name calling of politicians, is being dispensed with your posts deleted, and you will be removed from seeing this sub-forum.

Mark

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
That's a great pic of one of my favorite spots. Crazy busy on nice summer weekends with powerboaters that come over for the day, but empty during the week.
I posted this because of the quality of the video and the beauty of this location... just 32 miles from Times Square. Sound is quite empty except in summer... and more so with the lock down.

·
11,803 Posts
Governor of Maryland has relaxed marine business restrictions seeming them in the essential category

I have received e mails this morning from our marina and many of the major trades in Annapolis area.

Each business is handling face to face contact their own specific ways so. Heck with your particular entity

·
Registered
Hunter 386
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
All Posts in this thread will take a few minutes to be reviewed before they are, *if acceptable*, posted.

Mark
Somehow I feel like I've finally experienced a rite of passage. :grin

·
Super Moderator
4,197 Posts
Ontario just locked down to interprovincial travel too, like the maritimes. You can leave, but if you come back, 14 day quarantine.

·
Registered
Hunter 386
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Ontario just locked down to interprovincial travel too, like the maritimes. You can leave, but if you come back, 14 day quarantine.
Hmmmm, normally I don't subscribe to western prejudices, but in this case it really is looking like nothing good comes from eastern Canada. (Just kidding!)

I guess it's going to be inevitable. Still, it might work out as I can have the boat prepped and stocked (for a fee) and immediately go into quarantine. Hope lives!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
My Wife, who hates to do an over night passage, who only ever done a 2 night passage, asked me to consider sailing this boat to Newfoundland from Dominica. Now that’s a 3 week passage, easy.

Not saying she wants to do it, but that she has CONSIDERED it is astounding.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I will just mention that here in the mountains of southwest Virginia, the motorcyclists have apparently not heard of the stay at home recommendation.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Have to call OLM... it's too early. I can't feel my level of resistance. But I do wear an n95 if I am near people.... not in MY car but I would in an uber. Have to wait to see what things are like mid to late April. I suppose I can wear a disposable tyvek suit.

I suppose the get the hell out of winter storage date may be pushed back too.
One of the issues is New York metropolitan area folks heading to their New England shoreline summer places, theoretically exposing the locals to a higher risk of COVID-19. Very recently, RI has the National Guard making the rounds, stopping out-of-state cars, etc. to inform EVERYONE to shelter in place until further notice. Expect there to be follow-up visits to temporary residents (and maybe permanent ones as well)—a very dynamic situation in New England.

So, the issue is not just your resistance to COVID-19, but the potential to expose others. Hopefully the extreme measures will not be necessary by July or so and we might see you in Mystic.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
So it's been almost a week since I emailed Old Lyme about what's up for the season because of the C19 isolation/lock down.

I have received no reply.... nor a general one from OLM.

Obviously they are not in doing any business as usual at this time.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
So it's been almost a week since I emailed Old Lyme about what's up for the season because of the C19 isolation/lock down.

I have received no reply.... nor a general one from OLM.

Obviously they are not in doing any business as usual at this time.
FWI my marina in Mystic has informed us that they will allow spring maintenance by owners on a limited basis. Social distancing is to be maintained, the store and restrooms are closed(except by appointment) til further notice, and you must call before coming so the yard can control numbers to maintain safe distancing. Yard workers will not be allowed on your boat while you are onboard, nor for a waiting period after you leave.

There is the possibility that the restrooms will be reopened when safe distancing practices are relaxed/suspended.

Hang in there(at a safe distance, of course!)

BTW, the above does not address any travel restrictions from affected areas, but many of the boat owners in our marina come from over half an hour's drive away.

P.S. Our town (Stonington, CT) just issued guidance, including: "Any person traveling into Connecticut by any mode of transportation is strongly urged to self-quarantine for 14 days. All state COVID updates can be found here<https://portal.ct.gov/coronavirus>."

https://portal.ct.gov/coronavirus

·
HANUMAN
2,836 Posts
what marina are you wintering in?

FWI my marina in Mystic has informed us that they will allow spring maintenance by owners on a limited basis. Social distancing is to be maintained, the store and restrooms are closed(except by appointment) til further notice, and you must call before coming so the yard can control numbers to maintain safe distancing. Yard workers will not be allowed on your boat while you are onboard, nor for a waiting period after you leave.

There is the possibility that the restrooms will be reopened when safe distancing practices are relaxed/suspended.

Hang in there(at a safe distance, of course!)

BTW, the above does not address any travel restrictions from affected areas, but many of the boat owners in our marina come from over half an hour's drive away.

P.S. Our town (Stonington, CT) just issued guidance, including: "Any person traveling into Connecticut by any mode of transportation is strongly urged to self-quarantine for 14 days. All state COVID updates can be found here<https://portal.ct.gov/coronavirus>."

https://portal.ct.gov/coronavirus[/QUOTE]

81 - 98 of 98 Posts