SailNet Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Old enough to know better
4,354 Posts
I am interested in one boat in Langkawi and two in Singapore.
So you are looking for an agent to actually go and look at the boats for you? The normal procedure is (at least in the US) is to look at boats, find one you feel could be the one, make an offer, on it dependent on successful servery and put a deposit either to the broker or a 3rd party, normally 10% of purchase price. Then the Surveyor will look over the boat, issue his report and you decide if you want to continue with the purchase. You generally can stop the transaction for any reason once you get the survey and get your deposit back. What it sounds like is you want an agent to do the shopping (assuming you are remote) give you a detailed report on each boat. It is not normal practice to do a full survey on a boat you have not put an offer on, though it has happened. I personally would not as you are going to have to pay the surveyor even if they do not accept your offer. Now if you are remote, you don't really have much other choice.

·
3,505 Posts
The one way haul out for survey in Singapore will cost you 1200 SGD. Might want to look at the boat in person first.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The Freya or the Corbin?
I was looking at the T37 in Langkowi.

The Freya in SG is a PIA because the brokers cannot show the boat without the owners being present and they live in France. The broker is disgusted with the situation. The Freya is on a mooring, never gets opened up so you have to wonder what is growing in that cabin. The ones is relying on solar panels to keep the bilge pumps in operation while he is away. You have to wonder about the intel this guy has to rely totally on this setup because he wants nobody on the boat for months at a time. The broker did offer to dingy around it. My schedule will not marry up with the owners at this time so at the moment for me the Freya is a no go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did go see it(dingy around it) and know the strange situation. I did like the broker. I can tell you what i seen if you are still interested. I do not like to write and prefer to call. My Skype is Todd Knight in Taiwan or +1602-490-0614.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.