SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never started a thread before. New to forum world. Have no idea what the difference is between a "Reply to Post" and a "Quick Reply." (Do I have to type faster?) The exponential (sp?) nature of forum theory is mind boggling. Obviously, thread management is crucial. Just what I need at my age....another steep learning curve!

Long story short: (1) sailed a baby catboat from ages 8 to 17, (2) college, (3) marriage, (4) amazing daughter, (5) broke neck: C6/C7, (6) paralyzed from chest down w/no grip, (7) freelanced and wrote 3 mystery novels, (8)divorce, (9) 6 years playing blues harp with various bands in KC and NY, (10) 4 amazing grandchildren...1 more on the way, (11) rediscovered best friend/high school sweetheart/soulmate after 30 yrs., (12) we moved to the FL Keys 5 yrs. ago, (13) got run down in a US1 crosswalk by a recent stroke victim "driving" a white Toyota Corolla....titanium wheelchair saved my life, (14) pelvis permanently shattered in hundreds of places, (15) decided to return to my "other" first love, (16) ordered a Seaward 26RK, (17) crazy old broken man determined to sail it single handed, (18) because of all the accessibility add-ons, the factory crew nicknames it the "Bat Boat," (19) soulmate loves photography, and the idea of exploring the Keys together....IF she can get over the sea-sickness/accident anxiety issues, (20) theorectical delivery date: late August

That's me. Now I have to go study up on Q.F.T. (quantum forum theory)

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Welcome to sailnet and hide the checkbook.

·
Registered
660 Posts
For the love of GOD, Don't read the thing in Sailing dogs signature! (just kidding, read it then ask him lots of questions) hahahaha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks....

Thanks for the well-wishes! Not sure whether I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I'm reading everything I can find. Jibs are all new for me, and I chose a Genoa, so (as I understand what I've read?) my first 2 or 3 reefs can be with the electric furler. Knew a boom/jib would be easier, but read that first reefs would then need to be on mainsail. Did I get that right?:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts