SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mondofromredondo
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just wanted to share a couple photos of some changes to Charity Rose.
I found that the sole mounted cabin table was always in my way.
On my previous sailboat (Cal 34) the table folded up against the head bulkhead so I wanted the same as also seen on some PSC's.
I contacted an excellent marine carpenter and gave him a design similar to that of the factory installed unit. His quote came back less expensive than PSC's unit but not by much. Attached (I hope) are photos of the new teak table. I think the workmanship was outstanding. Gained cabin space feels immense. Seems like a whole new boat. In addition I wanted to toss the ghetto blaster and install a real stereo system. Attached are a couple photos of the unit in process. Again all teak and out of the way as the locker door closes and conceals the head unit and a TV gets mounted in front of the Amplifier. Speakers mounted inside and out. All in all I am pleased with the unit and have reclaimed some locker space from the previous ghetto blaster's home.

Regards to all

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Keith, When we purchased Hush this past year one of the things that sold my wife Vanna was the folding table. Great upgrade. The dividers are a nice addition and will keep you from having to wrap all your booze in socks to keep them from clanking together.

I never thought about using that shallow cabinet for electronics. Brilliant idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts