SailNet Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My sails need a cleaning & some professional care. I am strongly considering driving them up to Sailcare this Saturday, 12/13 or possibly Monday, 12/15 to take advantage of their 15% fall cleaning discount. (which ends the 15th)

So I was thinking yesterday (scary I know), I have a truck, and since I am contemplating driving them up personally, perhaps some other Sailnetters in the Baltimore/Washington area would be interested in piggy backing on my delivery.

I would do it for no charge. I realize most of you don't know me at all and would wonder why the hell you would trust me...I offer my word.

I could do a Washington pick up & a Baltimore pick up ASAP.

I have inquired with them to see of we could possibly get an additional discount if we dropped off several sails? Waiting to hear back.

PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW...I am taking two, my main & Genny. I could probably carry as many as 6-8 more. If many are interested I could also use my trailer but the sails would have to be wrapped as the trailer is open?

Hurry, the 15% discount ends the 15th

Oh yea, I could pick them up too, or you could just have them ship em back direct?

·
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub
1,951 Posts
Sweetheart,

They do repairs too right? (or is that bacons?) I'm comin' into town on Saturday... got an old #2 that needs some TLC. As well as a Main. Don't know if it's worth it to repair but maybe...

I've missed your touch. :p
Craig

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I work in Glen Burnie, live in Rockville, your home's not far from my work.

BTW...how has Julianna taken the break up?

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
chef- I'm not in your area, but have to say that is a very kind offer. Anyone thinking of having their sails cleaned/repaired should take you up on this. SailCare does a great job and with someone offering to P&D, how could tey pass it up?!

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Chef—

I think you and Craig make a lovely couple... you have my blessings... :) Thanks for the offer to haul sails to sailcare, but I'm a bit far away to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Total newbie question here: Approximately what does it cost to have Sailcare do a sail, say like a main on a Catalina 30? I understand that there are a zillion variables, but any very rough number is better knowledge than what I have now.

·
Ignoring Trolls in 2009
453 Posts
Rayn,

SailCare

From Sailcare website, main on a Catalina 30 should be about $200 for the cleaning process. They charge $48/hr for repairs on top of that (better than the $80/hr for repairs I was quoted locally). I haven't used them yet, but just sent my 150 off for repair/cleaning, I'll post results when I get it back. Based on prior posts on this forum, they are pretty much universally well-liked.

Michael

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
IIRC, they charge by the sq. ft. easiest thing would be to call them or try their website.
Total newbie question here: Approximately what does it cost to have Sailcare do a sail, say like a main on a Catalina 30? I understand that there are a zillion variables, but any very rough number is better knowledge than what I have now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sailcare

I just got my main sail back from Sailcare. It is off of a 26.5 so will be somewhat smaller then yours. The cost was $155.00 and worth it. It looks great. They charge .95 per sq. foot. Mine was 165 sq. feet.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks to all. I've seen a number of posts and reviews, and most everybody has good things to say about them. And they are less than an hour's drive from me!!

·
Always learning...
75 Posts
If I wasn't busy this weekend, I'd suggest an impromptu Pittsburgh-area sailnet meetup. Ford City is about 20 minutes from me--I was shocked when I was reading about this company to find out that they are located in Ford City, with the only real body of water nearby being the Allegheny River.

T37Chef, if you expect to catch some grub while you're here, feel free to drop me a line for some decent places in the area. Harmar (likely where you'll end up if you're taking the Allegheny Valley exit from the PA Turnpike) has mostly fast-food, but there happens to be a location of a downtown Pittsburgh mainstay there called Primanti's. While the atmosphere there isn't quite the same as the original, you can (and should) get one of the signature sandwiches, which include all of the normal sides ON the sandwich. There are also a number of places within a short drive of the Turnpike interchange that are quite good and quite affordable.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump...I heading up Monday. PM if your interested

My sails need a cleaning & some professional care. I am strongly considering driving them up to Sailcare this Saturday, 12/13 or possibly Monday, 12/15 to take advantage of their 15% fall cleaning discount. (which ends the 15th)

So I was thinking yesterday (scary I know), I have a truck, and since I am contemplating driving them up personally, perhaps some other Sailnetters in the Baltimore/Washington area would be interested in piggy backing on my delivery.

I would do it for no charge. I realize most of you don't know me at all and would wonder why the hell you would trust me...I offer my word.

I could do a Washington pick up & a Baltimore pick up ASAP.

I have inquired with them to see of we could possibly get an additional discount if we dropped off several sails? Waiting to hear back.

PM me if your interested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts