SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,707 Posts
Reaction score
Read your text, listen to your instructor and relax, you'll do fine but, study the text

btw, we do 101/103 as a basic package over two consecutive weekends ( 20 hrs ) again study and you'll be fine

· Registered
6,707 Posts
Reaction score
I personally think it a mistake for someone new to sailing to take the 103 immediately following the 101. After your 101 you should practice what you have experienced in class, the practice is key to burning in the concepts, and to making much of sailing as second-nature as it should become.Then when you go to 103, if there are things you didn't get right or forgot from 101, you have a chance to fill them in as you learn the new material. Go right into the 103 and what you dont have down after 101, you are likely to still not have down after 103.
I agree with ya, practice is always best but, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a mistake as it really depends on the student and the instructors evaluation of the student.

You'll know early on who gets it and who doesn't, who needs more time and who could handle moving forward.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.