SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , i thought i would put it out there , as i am planning a trip around the Carribean from Tampa clearwater too Panama.The Drama i have is that i myself have plently of boat experience in power boats but have zip sailing experince and have brought a Morgan 384.So i,m looking for someone that has sailing experience , enjoys diving and swimming and enjoys different cultures and some one that doesn,t easily get stressed.There is two of us and we both enjoy a drink or two but are right into our diving and surfing and island hopping.I am originally from New Zealand and my mate is from Australia and we are both Electricians that work in the mines.Our plan is to finally get back to OZ and our carribean trip is our 1st leg.The Yacht is a morgan 38 ft and sleeps 5 .It has auto pilot and has a 2kw generator , It has radar , gps and wind and solar power generation.We have our own scuba tank compressor , has all the lastest safety equipment.
If anyone one is interested drop us a email or add to this post

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,

Although I do not have enough experience to captain your boat, I have crewing experience and also love diving. If you want extra crew and a dive partner, please let me know! I don't smoke or do drugs, but I enjoy a good drink now and then as well!

Cheers,

Chris

·
Lookin' for an excuse ...
158 Posts
You say you are planning. When do you actually plan to leave?

By the way, I'm in the Tampa Bay area and could give you some insight into the Caribbean. (Heading down there next week for a charter.)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also have limited sailing experience but would probably be a good fit otherwise so if you are in need of crew let me know and give us some more details on your trip and when you will be leaving.

·
158 Posts
I talked to the broker a long time ago about this. He was trying to move the boat within a few days, so it's probably delivered by now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gidday Capt Tony
Thanks for the replay,.
I am looking for a yachting partner to help sail the yacht from Clearwater to Panama...and if you are interested I will be leaving at this stage march april for 6 to 7 weeks.
A little bit about myself is I,m from New Zealand but live in Perth Australia and work as a electrician in a iron ore mine....I enjoy the water diving and surfing , I also enjoy meeting new people and cultures. Im easy going nothing really phases me.Im 45 and healthy.
The yacht is a 38ft morgan and is ready for blue water.The yacht is fitted out with Garmin radar and garmin 740s .The yacht has autopilot which has just been fitted , and a windlass, and life raft.

If you are still interested send me a email about yourself

·
158 Posts
Gidday Capt Tony

If you are still interested send me a email about yourself
I am interested. I just sent you a private message. You didn't provide an email address, so if you will reply to my private message with an email address, I will send you more information about myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Captain,

My name is Chris and I am 29 year old and have spent the majority of my life between West Africa and the United States. I am a hard worker, and eager to learn all things sailing. My personality is very laid back with a sense of humor and I am a friendly individual who gets along with everyone! I absolutely love the beauty of our world, and the ocean particularly. I am excited by the challenge of sailing, the ability to harness the wind for motion and the ingenuity that an adventure at sea must demand.

I have no sailing experience, but have spent much of my adult life dreaming of building my own vessel someday and sailing the Oceans. They say that "tomorrow never comes" so with resolve I have decided that it is time to make my dream a reality. I began searching forums for opportunities where I could learn the trade as a volunteer, and I wonder if you might could use a crew-hand on your trip for Panama?

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
You say you are planning. When do you actually plan to leave?

By the way, I'm in the Tampa Bay area and could give you some insight into the Caribbean. (Heading down there next week for a charter.)

This is James I have my fiancé Alex we are trying to offer our services aboard ship as a deck hand and her crew so that we can get to the Caribbean or the Virgin Islands I have family in the Virgin Islands and were trying to get back down there I'm in the Clearwater area I'm actually in Gulfport right now I want to exchange my work for passage to the Caribbean or to the Virgin Islands if you could please contact me my number is 919-308-2685

1 - 12 of 12 Posts