SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've officially left laser racing, starting to overhaul a recently purchased tanzer 22. this is my second 22' tanzer, the other one outfitted to cruise, full batten mainsail, roller furled gen, etc.. looking to find some decent racing sails for my new one, as ill be competing quite often next season. any ideas?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Best place for Tanzer parts (and sails) is Tanzer Boat Parts. Just google it and it will come up. One of the guys who owns it is Ken Hodgson, who sails at the same club as I do. They do have new sails for sale, and specialize in all Tanzer parts. He is located just outside Montreal, so no problem with extra costs of shipping stuff in from the US. And no, I have no comemrcial interest in it, this is just a guy I know.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I owned a Tanzer 22 I bought a nice set of sails at a good price from a loft called "Voiles Sud" in Montreal. It was (at least at the time) owned by a sailmaker who sailed a Tanzer 22. They weren't really racing sails but we used them in club races for about 4 years and did well. Most years the class organization does a group buy with a North Sails loft in Canada at a pretty good discount. That's what I would do if I were buying Tanzer 22 sails with an eye towards racing. Check the Tanzer 22 internet list at yahoo.com.

·
old guy :)
1,061 Posts
The Tanzer group often does "group" purchases of sails. If you are not a member - join the group and ask about the next sail purchase.

Rik

1 - 5 of 5 Posts