SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a 1989 Tartan 372 and wanted to get opinions and sailors with experience. I love the boat's looks and functionality and with the Sheel keel it would work well for Florida and the Caribbean. One of my concerns is the engine sitting right in the middle of the boat under the galley sink. Is this loud? Smell like Diesel? Light wind sailing ability? Appreciate the thoughts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am looking at a 372 and am also looking for general opinions and experiences with these boats. Beerisfood, did you purchase one?
Thanks
Foster

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
If I was looking to move up from my current 33 footer (I'm not), the Tartan 372 would be on my short list. Above average construction, good sailing performance, and great classic looks. Others on that short list would be the Sabre 362 and J37c.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would love a Sabre 362. Still a little out of my price range. I have also looked at some 38mkll. I really like the sabres but this tartan has a lot of the same style and features. Kinda compatible. Currently if things pan out this tartan could be the best value of a boat I have come across. Checks the most boxes. Other than it’s not a Sabre.

·
12,165 Posts
I would love a Sabre 362. Still a little out of my price range. I have also looked at some 38mkll. I really like the sabres but this tartan has a lot of the same style and features. Kinda compatible. Currently if things pan out this tartan could be the best value of a boat I have come across. Checks the most boxes. Other than it’s not a Sabre.
Sabre good quality boat and a better sailor. Tartans are also a good quality boat. When I bought Haleakula a C&C 35 MKIII, IT WAS BETWEEN HER, A Sabre 36, and a Tartan 37. You cant go wrong with those choices. Sabre 36 is the only one who could keep up with us speed wise and attacking the wind. Turns out the C&C was in the best condition.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,239 Posts
The 372 was the next generation after the T37... But very similar. A few refinements and changes. Not many were built before the complete redesign as the 3700

1 - 9 of 9 Posts