SailNet Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many years ago, Bill Truxall who was the head of the Tayana Owners Group gave us TWO BARRELS of TAYANA blueprints and drawings for safe keeping as he went into retirement. Now, a little over 15 years later or so, it's time to pass them on to someone else for safekeeping. We're in Florida if someone wants to pick them up or arrange for shipping, which we can't do.

Hate the thought of just simply throwing them out. Since we're BRAND new on this post I doubt we'll check in too often. Would a phone number help. Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,

Please don't throw them out. I'm not a Tayana owner but if you can't find another taker let me know and I'll arrange for shipment.

You should contact the Tayana Owners Group, I suspect somebody there would take you up on the offer to assume ownership of these docs. Hopefully they can be digitized and shared, if they are not already. Great boats.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
That TOG URL became inactive in 2007.
The new 'home' for the Tayana Owners Group is now on Google Groups but you need to 'be approved' to join/enter the site.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. Well I tried that site and haven't gotten through to anyone. Someone left me a site of tognews.com, so I'll try that. No, they're not digital. We've left them in their two original barrels so they are as they were many years ago. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Bob: Well these are all prints that Tayana owners gave to Bill Truxel. If you want them and can arrange for shipping, we're happy to do that to. If it becomes a problem, we'll just toss them...two barrels are just too much for us to store anymore. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trying to. They are NOT for sale...just archival so in 100 years when the two of us are gone, some kid might say..."WOW...look what they used to build"...and he won't be looking at drawings of moon rovers - ha ha :).

Do you have any ideas where they might be wanted? I "MIGHT" be able to drive them back to Wa. this summer when we come home. "MIGHT" being a very key word with everything we tote back and forth every year.

·
grumpy old man
5,893 Posts
Valiant:
I think you are on the right track with the owners group. I'll give it some thought.
I appreciate your effort on this. It's always fun, for me anyway, to look at old prints.
I was a 28 year old kid when I designed that boat.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Perhaps Seattle University would be interested in having them for its library -- particularly if they were the first installment of Robert H. Perry papers. A library would be better home for them than a couple of barrels in somebody's basement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi: There are 3 Tayana designers in this group of drawings, Bob Perry, Stan Harris and Peter Beeldsnijder and I really don't have time to sort them all out, but I also thought perhaps a University might be a good place to start. George Day and Bob Bitchen (Bluewater Sailing & Cruising Outpost) both suggested The Landing School in Maine, but I don't know anything about them. I'll start on a "hunt" with all these folks on Monday. Thank you for your suggestion, I really appreciate it as many of us consider these "treasures" that should never be lost. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts