SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used TeakGuard and does anyone like it....or not like it?

I tried oil for a year and gave up and I don't want to varnish...but I'd like to improve the look of the 31 year old teak on my '82 H30.

TeakGuard - I'm sure it looks good for a while, but how long does it last and how easy is it to renew and at what interval?

TeakGuard - yea or nay?

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
626 Posts
With a light sanding the two coats a week apart then re-coat when the water stops beading off (in about two months). Looks good like that. I uses Semco, but I am sure it is a similar oil/sealer product. Only takes me two hours each coat.

I hope that helps,

Eric

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With a light sanding the two coats a week apart then re-coat when the water stops beading off (in about two months). Looks good like that. I uses Semco, but I am sure it is a similar oil/sealer product. Only takes me two hours each coat.

I hope that helps,

Eric
Thanks! How long have you been using Semco and how many times have you renewed it?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thanks! How long have you been using Semco and how many times have you renewed it?
About the last 30 or so. I do the same thing every year. I have been maintaining her for 39 years.

·
Registered
397 Posts
We also used oil but had severe mildew problems and now use Semco and apply it once a year. However, since there is still a minor mildew problem, we also keep the teak covered to avoid morning water condensation.

Since tint in tinted Semco seems to build up fter several applications, we now only use clear.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,326 Posts
I also have used Semco on some wood and like it very much, easy to maintain and doesnt build up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts