SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
North Star 26
1,028 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I took possession of Driftwood, a 1987 Morgan 43. This step has been a decade in the making, from when I first became interested in sailing and along my journey of learning to sail, and the all the rest of the stuff owning a boat and cruising requires.

This forum and community has been an exceptional resource for me along the way and for that I am extremely grateful. A special thanks to @Jeff_H who has been very generous with his time and knowledge both publicly and privately during my journey and search for the boat I wanted. Thank you!

I'll be moving her from Texas to Florida in March, shaking down and refitting this year before venturing further abroad.

Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Sky

· Super Moderator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
10,930 Posts
Reaction score
Last week I took possession of Driftwood, a 1987 Morgan 43. This step has been a decade in the making, from when I first became interested in sailing and along my journey of learning to sail, and the all the rest of the stuff owning a boat and cruising requires.

This forum and community has been an exceptional resource for me along the way and for that I am extremely grateful. A special thanks to @Jeff_H who has been very generous with his time and knowledge both publicly and privately during my journey and search for the boat I wanted. Thank you!

I'll be moving her from Texas to Florida in March, shaking down and refitting this year before venturing further abroad.

View attachment 146078
Phil,
Its been an honor and a pleasure riding shotgun. It has been all the 'fun' of shopping without having to pay the tab.

She looks like a great boat. I wish you all of the best with her.

Jeff

· Registered
939 Posts
Reaction score

o_OWell Phil I see that the Crack Pipe is still intact and that you are venturing further into the sailing looney bin. Congratulations !
The photo looks like Clear Lake City. Are you going to shoot straight across or go coastal on the delivery?

· Registered
North Star 26
1,028 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

o_OWell Phil I see that the Crack Pipe is still intact and that you are venturing further into the sailing looney bin. Congratulations !
The photo looks like Clear Lake City. Are you going to shoot straight across or go coastal on the delivery?
Yep! Chiseling away at my son's inheritance.

I'd favor the direct route, but weather gets a vote.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts