SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I create the app with an online course on how to sail a boat for beginners.

This course is for people who want to learn the basics of sailing before they get to practice, or for upcoming sailing vessel passengers.

The app is called “Learn Sailing Online” in the AppStore or GooglePlay.

We are currently working on a nautical glossary and a handbook for seafarers. I would really like to hear your feedback and ideas about the app. Regards ⛵
Product Communication Device Font Portable communications device Mobile phone

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,699 Posts
Interesting.... although I don't think that one can learn how to sail without getting on a boat.

FYI - ASA has a sailing "game," which serves a similar purpose. I believe that they charge for it though.

·
Lake Sailor
1,252 Posts
Interesting.... although I don't think that one can learn how to sail without getting on a boat.

FYI - ASA has a sailing "game," which serves a similar purpose. I believe that they charge for it though.
I agree on being on a boat. You can add Nautic Ed to the list with an app plus their online courses. Tough market to break in to, good luck. Do a search of the Apple store or Google Play store, there's a few out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thank you! This is a theory part of a subject, of course, one should get practice after that. However, it can help save on-board training time ⛵

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree on being on a boat. You can add Nautic Ed to the list with an app plus their online courses. Tough market to break in to, good luck. Do a search of the Apple store or Google Play store, there's a few out there.
Yes, there are many good sailing apps and courses (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmmm...I think that's a really good idea, let's see how you manage to implement this rather difficult learning into a smartphone.
But the solution is quite unique in its own way, the more so that young people nowadays are totally excited about online learning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm...I think that's a really good idea, let's see how you manage to implement this rather difficult learning into a smartphone.
But the solution is quite unique in its own way, the more so that young people nowadays are totally excited about online learning.
Thanks! You're right, this topic is quite difficult to learn, so we aimed to provide it in the most accessible form. Hope to hear what you think!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts