SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all for guidance and information for what I asked and that I picked up from just reading the various posts.
I am now the proud owner of a hole in the water. After a year of looking-offers falling though-and lots of toads never kissed I have a new-old allied princess ketch. Buying her was the cheap part. Now the money flow realy starts with the retrofit. Will see if the price I paid matches up against what the projected cost of replacements is- of course mutiplied by a factor of 2 :rolleyes:
I am sure I will have a lot more questions as I discover the "hiden treasures" that she has yet to show.

Goal is to have her on Erie in the spring next year after the ice clears and get my feel back for sailing and what is important in life:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome, Andy and congrats on the Princess!! Keep us updated on your refit, with lots of pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good for you. If you are anything like me, there will be thrown tools, busted knuckles and bruised egos and wallets, but the first time the sails are raised and she heels over all that will go away....Congrats....btw...any pics?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still to Come

I have some but first need to get a couple of post in to hit 5 or is that for PM?

I have a nice one of the split rudder and some others from the survey.
One nice thing about her being on the hard for a couple of years the hull is dry;) so the hull strip, refair seal and paint and rudder repair should go quick.
opps not to forget the thru hull replacement oh yea the depth and speed transducer replacement.
Oh hell while I am at it lets put a new cutless bearing in.

Damm what I have I done:eek:

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
congrats. what make/model hole did you get??? Any pics???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SailingDog
She is a 1978 Allied Princess hull # 118. Currently sailing gravel up in yarmouth ME.
Will post some pics this weekend.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congratulations Andy on one of the two happiest days in the life of a boatowner!
Chuck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts