SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank god this winter is almost over, as many of us northerners have been getting snow you southern guys have been sailing and laughing at us. Well now the forecast shows warm temperatures and no more horrible weather looks like this will be the end of this snowy winter. Super excited for this season will be doing tons, I mean TONS of sailing and can't wait I will savor every moment of it from my first sail on my new Hobie to 4 weeks on a schooner Maine. Can't wait to go sailing, who else is as excited as I am?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it should hopefully warm up at least down here and after this everything will melt off and hope fully it will all be better as long as march doesn't have anything in store.... We got the same exact thing down here on the island.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wuffles

Didn't ya hear
All 3 groundhogs saw their shadows
6 more years of recession, I mean 6 more weeks of winter, I mean 6 more inches of snow, oh crap I don't know what it means.
You are lucky being from down south though.
As for us up here in the Great White North, sailing season is a little way off yet.
Thanks for rubbing it in.
Just for that, I am gonna go have a beer.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that's not what weather.com said (only for the weather part not the recession) so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we'll get an early start. Lets try not to start another thread that gets taken over by the constant babble about sheep and other wonderful animals....

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
It was a brutal day here in Ft Lauderdale. I mean come on, a high of 68 degrees? I had to wear a sweater!

Sorry notherners. Do like me and become a southerner. You'll never go back. The perfect February day in S. Florida makes the hurricanes, low(er) pay scales, high(er) crime, crazy insurance rates, high home prices and crazy property taxes worth it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
If climate were up to me....Spring starts Jan1 goes into summer in May, fall as usual, and winter lasts for just the month of December...then back to spring in January and really only not getting to sail for 1 month. (Gotta have a maintenance month.)

But at the same time I don't think I could live with the stress of possibly having my boat destroyed by hurricanes every year down south.

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,841 Posts
I agree. Can't wait. February seems to be the coldest month on Long Island. Maybe becasue the ocean takes that long to cool around here. That said, the days are getting longer. Seems like Spring it just around the corner.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We are still closer to sailing again than we were a month ago I am just so pumped to get out as long as it is no later than normal and I know others fell the same!

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,841 Posts
Lucas and I both have full wetsuits. Is your hobie ready to go?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Snowing again up here too. THEY were calling for less than 1cm, already 1 inch on the ground. This weather is making me mean.
Sorry for the cheap shot wuffles, you didn't deserve that.
Looked at the weather just before I read your post, calling for -19C overnight with a windchill of -29C, same again for tomorrow, thursdays low is forecast to be -23C.
brrrrrrr.
Must concentrate, close eyes ....
Blue water, light breeze, sails full, 2 ft chop, 20knot wind, sun shining,
MUCH better....

Change of seasons is a good thing, just wish this one would change soon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts