SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone,

The holidays are on us again!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to everyone. I hope you have gotten all your shopping done by this time. I also hope that you will each have the chance to visit family and friends and have a wonderful (and safe) holiday(s).

The Moderators will be present here some... but please understand that we have family and friends too. I also have kids, as does John Pollard. Santa Clause does not know Sailnet. As such, our time here will be very limited. If you have an issue or there is Spam... try to be patient with us until we can get to it. Drop us a PM as always or press the report post. We will get around to it sooner or later.

I would also like to ask a favor of you: PLEASE SHOW RESTRAINT TOWARD EACH OTHER. If I am forced to leave family and friends to get on Sailnet so that I can settle a personal dispute between two members, I WILL BE VERY ANGRY. I cannot emphasize that enough. I am not going to put up with any of that junk over the holidays. SO READ VERY CAREFULLY:

IF I HAVE TO COME UP HERE TO SETTLE A DISPUTE, OR JOHN OR THE ADMIN OR JEFF DOES, WE WILL BAN FIRST AND WORK IT OUT LATER. WE WILL REVIEW THE MERITS AT OR AFTER JANUARY 5TH, 2009. FURTHER ACTION MAY BE REQUIRED AT THAT TIME, OR WE MAY LIFT THE BAN. BUT I AM NOT GOING TO WORK IT OUT UNTIL AFTER THE HOLIDAYS. I EXPECT NO LESS FROM JOHN OR JEFF OR THE ADMIN.

I hope that is crystal clear. I am not trying to sound like a jerk... honest. But I have to manage my life, my family, my business and Sailnet to make it a success for me and for everyone. The same goes for the rest of the mods and the Admin.

So for the next two weeks, until January 5th, 2009, I ask that you all take a deep breath before pressing SUBMIT. Because if you cannot take a deep breath and try to be thoughtful, I do not think we should have to either. Thus, as of the posting of this thread, the clock begins.

Now enough of that. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. May the holidays bring each of you peace, friendship, and joy. From myself and my family - we wish you the very, very best.

Sincerely,

Brian

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Skew dat, I'm here ot pratie and rdink sum Rum, and I'l poke ot the eye o im that duks wit me.

·
Owner, Green Bay Packers
1,000 Posts
Bite Me, CD!

There won't be any trouble....everybody saves the trouble for those rare times when you're on-line instead of in line at the IHOP! Are we having the blueberry blintzes again this Yuletide? (g)

·
ancient mariner
439 Posts
some people on this net seem to get pissed off easy. i don't believe it helps anything to attack someone, even if you do not agree with what they have posted. i believe in live & let live. moderation is the key. with that said, merry christmas or happy holidays to all !

·
Registered
652 Posts
Have a safe holiday and remember: If you drink, don't drive; but if you drive, don't forget your car.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
some people on this net seem to get pissed off easy.
That's life.
The 'net is merely a reflection of Real Life, exaggerated. Think of it kind of like a party--with more than its fair share of people that've had more to drink than is perhaps wise ;).

i don't believe it helps anything to attack someone, ...
Ah, there's the rub. An "attack" is in the eye of the beholder. Somebody says something, not meaning it to be an attack. Somebody else takes it as an attack and counter-attacks. Next thing you know: Flame war!

This has been going on since long before web forums like this one existed, and will probably go on as long as there's an Internet (or its successor). It's a large part of the reason moderators are needed. You "Internet youngins" got it easy. Y'all got nannies, now. Back in the day all we had was Usenet News. Text-only. No moderation. No editin' of articles. Once it was out there, it was out there an' no callin' it back. Why, I recall fightin' many a righteous flame war by the light of the dyin' fire in the fireplace, with the snow drifted up to the eves and the icy wind whistlin' between the logs--where da's chinkin' wasn't quite perfect, waiting sometimes a whole day for my opponent's reply to arrive via the old UUCP network...

Merry Christmas to all! :)

Jim

·
Apropos of Nothing
1,736 Posts
Woo hoo!! Free-for-all!!! I'm creating, like, 10 alter-ego accounts. And I'm going to use them all to make fun of Chuckles' mustache!!

:):):)

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
Woo hoo!! Free-for-all!!! I'm creating, like, 10 alter-ego accounts. And I'm going to use them all to make fun of Chuckles' mustache!!

:):):)
tsk tsk tsk. Some people never learn. You can't go bragging about creating alter egos. Keep it quiet so nobody finds out :D

·
Censored4 your protection
192 Posts
Merry Christmas to you guys.

Well Jim, that is telling.

Pokes Jim with stick, cuse no ones looking....

Happy holidays

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
So if we tell some one to go **** **** ***** we will be banned until after January 5? hmmm it might be worth it. :D

·
Apropos of Nothing
1,736 Posts
Wasn't Pain banned once already? :rolleyes:
Banned? Hah! No way. Cam did emphatically encourage me to take a break from the site for a period of one week and he helped me by disabling my account for that period, but I certainly wasn't banned. :D:D;)

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Joys of being a muderator! Okay now, back to ignoring everyone everyone.........

Happy holidays!

marty

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Been banned, got the t-shirt.

PainKiller, you my friend are a wuss who just can't grow a mustache.

I'm betting you are a power-boater that has never had his bottom wetted.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts