SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...some or most of you read the threads about the neighbours boat, remember??

The guy that gutted his hanse 37, cut the compression post, removed all furniture, removed the heads, the steering wheel, cut the sails to shreds, and with a new main, covered the dodger, that he had ripped to pieces??

Well, now all logos were removed with a knife, and the hull sits 1 foot above nominla water line, with the tern in the air (from removing all steering and aft bunks)..

This is how that sore looks like now....I knew he had stopped butchering it, as there is nothing else to remove...but look at the hull colour now..sailed 2 times, in first week of buying.

here....don't know what to say....

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Growing up with a mentally ill older brother the boat was likely a cheep way to get some peace compared to some of things my parents tried before they realized it could NOT be fixed

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Man - that really is sad beyond words. For those that really would love to have a boat - any boat - to see something like that. Ouch.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Ouch... that is very sad and quite tragic. I hope he gets some help.

·
Midwest Puddle Pirate
2,160 Posts
That's going to make someone a damn cheap project boat one of these days. That is if he doesn't take it out and sink it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Gui, when he's finished with it, he's gonna move to next in line. Good you moved yours further away. ;)

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
What a sad story. You have to wonder, what will happen to the kid once this phase of his life is over.

·
Registered
801 Posts
:(

That's simply just... messed up.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Alex, with a little encouragement, couldn't you talk him into installing a window to look DOWN? How about a patio? Smoking lounge? Perhaps a swim in, and out fish tank? After all it sure seems like lots of people would like to see some more PROGRESS. After all this time He seems quite STABLE! (of course I am looking from Canada) HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I misssed the previous thread. Someone here typed it's a kid, and daddy's money? If that's the case it seems like he has missed out on a damn good spanking as a child. Maybe what he needs now is a damned good a$$ whooping, and then some help.......i2f

·
Aquaholic
1,139 Posts
Incredibly sad story, maybe someone less lazy then me should pull up a link so i2p can see it from the beginning .... ;-)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Giu this is a very sad tale, but I have to tell you that Sasha's yarn about Captain Bituminous Latex and his wrought iron bowsprit and three forestays has it beat for true deplorability.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts