SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this weekend we really stepped on it! We sold our beloved CIRRUS and now we are slip holders without a boat.

The current inventory up here is a little thin so we are flying down to the Puget Sound this weekend to "kick the tires" on a short list of boats that we feel might fill our niche. Included are three Pearson 365's, a Morgan O/I (this one has sale pending so we might not be able to look at her), a Peterson 36, and a Pearson 424. Working with several brokers so, no doubt, they will show us some of their other boats as well. If one of the candidates calls out to us, we might go into the offer-counter offer phase REAL soon.

This is scary stuff!!!! (but exciting too)

Dave

·
Crealock 37
676 Posts
Almost as scary as buying your first boat! <G>

We'll do our best to care for her well Dave. Thank you for the care you've given to Cirrus and good luck finding your next boat. I anticipate we'll soon be rafted up in Thumb Cove sipping a drink and comparing notes on our boats.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Good luck Dave, I'd highly recommend you read the Boat Inspection Trip Tips thread I started, as it will help you determine what boats you look at are even worth going forward on, saving you the price of a survey on boats that aren't worth looking at further.

Congrats Sailak... :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dale - Thumb Cove sounds great! God willing, we'll be back under sail before too long.

Sailingdog - great listing on your post. Thanks again for your sound advise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts