SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as you may (or not) know, today was my birthday...thanks thanks...

Anyway..my wife told me that today I should go get some sailing (which I could not, but because I had stuff to do)....and I spent the end of the afternoon home with my boys...she had gone to the hair dresser..

Finally as she had planned, we were to go out wit the kids and have a quiet dinner all 4 of us...

So we went to our favorite restaurant (TDW and Joel/Jayme know him, Sr. Joao..aka onion burner as I call him)....

when we go there, I had a surprize party dinner with over 35 close friends...I received a lot of presents...my wife had asked me what I wanted...I said an Ipod touch....that I would buy in the US next week...

So halfway thru the dinner I see 2 large boxes being carried....

and was told they were Giulietta' Fred and Luis's birthday presents to me (I had received a few other things when I woke up, so I was all done)..both boxes very well wrapped in a nice paper..

The first box was big and this is what it looked like..

I thought I had received another humidor...boy...was I wrong!!!!

Bvut wait,...the box looks like a humidor..and a big one too...

THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe..she bought me a RADAR!!!:p :p :p :p :cool: :cool:
And she knew I wanted Raymarine, too (everything else is from ray )

:p

She had sent Fred very very smoothly with me to check which screen I wanted,

So...the second box was this...

She had asked him to see which one I wanted..IN SEPTEMBER!!!!!! when we decided to go to Madeira next year, because I said we needed one..

I wanted the C70..for size and other reasons, not important now...

By the way..check the birthaday cake she had made for me!!

How cool is my wife??

TOTALLY VERY VERY COOL..BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD...THANK YOU GOD!!!!

REALLY....

PS..I will sometime, annoy some of you with questions....because I never had a radar..they are heavy..but mainly my questions are with the best connection system etc...I am not very good with electronics

In January the boat is going back to the builder to have a CF stern pole built in...by Delmar Conde

OBRIGADO QUERIDA

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
RADAR!?!?!

YEEEEE -- HAW!!!!!:) :) :) :)

Very nice, you lucky man. Happy Birthday (a little late now, I guess).

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
She's a lot smarter than you...sneaky too... :) Happy Birthday Gui... :) Tell Giulietta that she Rocks!!! :)

BTW, we have proof she isn't perfect, she married you, didn't she... :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
"the boat is going back to the builder to have a CF stern pole built in..."

What next? Solar stick? BBQ? :D

Happy Birthday Alex.

·
moderate?
1,000 Posts
Giu...nice day for you!
But why don't you just get an arch...I mean now that you are becoming a cruiser with Bimini and Dodger and Radar...can a solar stik and a wind generator, and dingy davits be far behind? Asa consession to speed you can build the arch out of CF.:D :D :D

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Bastard! C-70?
How did you get so lucky.
You don't deserve her.

·
Leap! The net will appear
234 Posts
Geez o' petes...how cool is that?! Kudos to your Mrs!

·
Aeolus II
670 Posts
First: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Second, if there a line to rent your wife for such occasions? I have a birthday coming in February and that would be a GREAT gift.

Seriously, Happy Birthday!

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK.I have a question..can that radome thing be installed so it can be easily removed if I need to?

maybe remove the whole pole? My question is not so much for the mechanical part, but for the wires.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Don't mean to spoil the surprise but she called me and said she wanted to buy you a big bag of pot so I said sure lady it's on its way so get ready for a great big bag of Maui Woweee! Happy birthday, Alex!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
That was awsome Giu............happy Brithday

Kato Marine has a nice 2 piece pole with a very versatile base

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Umm... no, not really. The wiring is rather complex and should be left permanently installed. :)
OK.I have a question..can that radome thing be installed so it can be easily removed if I need to?

maybe remove the whole pole? My question is not so much for the mechanical part, but for the wires.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
He should fly you over and do the install ;)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
My garmin uses rj-45 connectors. They look like oversized phone jacks. They can be spliced for custom installs.

A happy birthday indeed.

·
Tartan 37C
501 Posts
Sounds like you have the perfect wife, she's spending your money wisely!

But having first hand knowledge, beware of the expected paybacks, are they are always much more expensive :D

Happy day to you! Now you have to only put up with another year of us till she tops this years expenditure (then you get to top that, seeing the pattern here yet?)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
BTW, the Raymarine unit uses a pre-terminated cable that looks like this:

Not the ideal cable to keep plugging and unplugging, especially since it has to pass through a cable clam on the radome housing each time.

·
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub
1,951 Posts
G-Man...

I want to be you when grow up! (I just don't want to lose my hair like you did)

Congratulations.... There is nothing *NOTHING* more refreshing than a man that is deeply in love with his wife and kids!!!!! YAY!

I envy you. (you can keep your fat butted boat though....it wasn't made in Maine...) :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts