SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to post a question about sail cloth weights and went to the Gear forum and found several sub-forums about engines and the like - and nothing about SAILS. Seemed odd for a site called Sailnet.

·
Registered
25,129 Posts
Funny observation, for sure.

However, I think there are way too many sub-forums and, therefore, most stuff doesn't find it's way to the correct, even when it does exist.

I participate in two other non-sailing forums and neither have as prolific a sub-forum structure. Not by half.

Personally, I think we only need Gear. Period. JMO

Or do what most do, post everything in General Discussion. :)

Reactions: jrd22 and paulk

·
Wish I never found SN!
2,117 Posts
Ahh but if you post everything in general the mods will move it to one of the sub folders and it will be lost forever.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I and others have commented that there are WAY too many subforums. There has been noise that this would be addressed. I think the moderators should have their pay suspended till this gets fixed.

·
Wish I never found SN!
2,117 Posts
I say we all chip in and double their pay, hell let's quadruple it and get them to declutter the lot.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Wanted to post a question about sail cloth weights and went to the Gear forum and found several sub-forums about engines and the like - and nothing about SAILS. Seemed odd for a site called Sailnet.
My two cents:

Since sails are (ostensibly) the primary power for moving the boat, the 'Gear' forum --is-- the 'Sails' forum, including the supporting gear that make the sails useful rather than big heavy wads of 'stuff'. The 'Gear' subfora are for doodads it's fun to play with or nice to have, but not necessary to --sail-- your sailboat.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :)

Reactions: Markwesti

·
Registered
629 Posts
You need to use the search tool at the top and make sure you are searching in the forum. And the SN store has live help for purchases. Here are a few sn threads
http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/117746-need-new-sails-but-where-start.html
http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/98472-completed-my-cruising-sails-inventory-11-sails.html
http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/80179-racing-sails-vs-cruising-sails.html

And if you look at the very bottom of these threads you will see a list of similar threads.

·
19,485 Posts
I and others have commented that there are WAY too many subforums. There has been noise that this would be addressed. I think the moderators should have their pay suspended till this gets fixed.
SN must have heard you, xort... haven't received any cheques lately :(;)

We are trying to get things consolidated, but forum layout/creation/deletion is an admin function.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts