SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys notice that SN is not done, but the old thread about it being done is done?

Pity.

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
Funny. I'm having a flashback to the day T37Chef got bored and resurrected as many "test" threads as he could find.

:)

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny. I'm having a flashback to the day T37Chef got bored and resurrected as many "test" threads as he could find.

:)
Ooh - that's scary. Everyone knows, you never take the brown acid.

Seriously, I've just never understood people's discomfort with an old thread being floated. They're mostly found by someone (usually a newb) doing a Google search on something...it pops up in the search, dumps them into the thread and they post. What does it hurt? I can see locking a thread when it gets out of control - but just because it's old? There's some really great info in old threads that can have a new perspective put on them with new posts.

It just seems like some weird forum etiquette issue that makes no sense.

·
19,488 Posts
Well, Smack, actually we're concerned for your time management issues... if these old threads keep popping up how are you going to keep up in the 'steel boats' thread?? :p

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Smack, actually we're concerned for your time management issues... if these old threads keep popping up how are you going to keep up in the 'steel boats' thread?? :p
Oh - I hadn't thought of that.

Please lock this thread.

·
Barquito
3,657 Posts
Old threads are good to bring back if they bubble good info back to the top (thought of that while soaking in the tub...), not if they are asking an OP a question who hasn't posted in a decade.

·
Registered
2008 Jeanneau 39i S/V Grace
783 Posts
I'm still not clear on whether it is lame to fly a pirate flag.

·
Registered
211 Posts
In the same spirit of this thread, why has Sailnet elected to post the notice at the top of every page about new ownership and Verticalscope LLC fo so long? Is this really news? Is it important to the vast majority of people who frequent these pages? Why is it still there?

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
In the same spirit of this thread, why has Sailnet elected to post the notice at the top of every page about new ownership and Verticalscope LLC fo so long? Is this really news? Is it important to the vast majority of people who frequent these pages? Why is it still there?
Click the red X and it will go away.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I like to think that SailingDog still lurks hereabouts and I imagine his head exploding every time an ancient post is resurrected.

Reactions: smackdaddy

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
Not touching that one. I'm too young to have acid flashbacks.

Reactions: smackdaddy

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm still not clear on whether it is lame to fly a pirate flag.
“Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the Jolly Roger and begin to slit throats”. - H. L. Mencken

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Ohhhhhh, an ignoramous thread, master Denby will be sooooooo proud, especially all of us that are ignoring this thread.....so run along, this thread will be done after I am done typing and posting, I promise! so run along, nothing here to see, I can hear any how, so nothing to hear either!

marty

1 - 20 of 36 Posts