SailNet Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You can follow it on twitter... LIVE
http://twitter.com/dannoyes
I know many of you have been following this and I remember another thread about it but I couldn't find it. So here you go.

For those of you that don't know what this is about, here's a news description:

LAKEPORT - Following nearly an hour of legal instructions Wednesday morning, the judge in a fatal sailboat crash case handed it over to the jury, which will decide if a Carmichael man was responsible for the injuries suffered by a woman in a nighttime collision more than three years ago.

The sailboat was hit from behind by a powerboat driven by Russell Perdock, an off-duty chief deputy with the Lake County Sheriff's Office. While an initial investigation report from a Sacramento County Sheriff's official found that Perdock broke safe speed rules - testimony has alleged he was going between 35 and 50 miles per hour - he was not charged

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say two charges not guilty's and one charge dismissed (it was 11 for not guilty and one for guilty so the judge dismissed it) was the ending everyone was praying for. I just hope there will be real justice for the person actually responsible for this crime.

·
Registered
249 Posts
what a nightmare for the defendant. Too bad the DA was so narrow minded, incompetent, or prejudiced in favor of the true perpetrator to not file charges against him. Yes, the defendant may have been drinking, but he wasn't the friggin' cause of the accident.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would say two charges not guilty's and one charge dismissed (it was 11 for not guilty and one for guilty so the judge dismissed it) was the ending everyone was praying for. I just hope there will be real justice for the person actually responsible for this crime.
actually it was dismissed because the prosecutor moved to dismiss it ... he could have chosen not to do that even w/ 11-1 favoring acquittal and the judge couldn't have dismissed it then ... just a technical legal point.

The prosecutor was so out of bounds all along here I'm almost surprised he did the right thing by moving to dismiss the 3rd count.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually it was dismissed because the prosecutor moved to dismiss it ... he could have chosen not to do that even w/ 11-1 favoring acquittal and the judge couldn't have dismissed it then ... just a technical legal point.

The prosecutor was so out of bounds all along here I'm almost surprised he did the right thing by moving to dismiss the 3rd count.
Correction noted and understood.

To continue to do the right thing would prove if he truly has integrity. Charging the powerboat operator with at the least, reckless operation and probably more appropriate to his behavior that night, negligent homicide would be a start. Also pushing to discipline L.E.O.'s that assisted in covering up the facts of the crash, such as failing to give the power boat operator a breathalyzer test immediately after the crash would be a start.

·
snake charmer, cat herder
2,651 Posts
This is a case where the DA and Perdock should foot ALL Dinius' legal bills plus some. What a crock.
as well as the hospital and funeral costs of lynn thornton and a murder charge. just for beginnings--and should be removed from his sheriff job as well...how long does corruption have to be endured......

·
Aeolus II
670 Posts
That sounds like a good cause

... all's well that ends well; ...... except for the mega-massive legal costs he now has to pay.
That is a cause I would contribute to. Someone should set up a PayPal donation site for the legal funds. Let me know where.

·
Aeolus II
670 Posts
USE [email protected] FOR ACCOUNT NAME if you are using Paypal. This is from the Sailing Anarchy forum. A very interesting case indeed...............
DD
PayPal does NOT accept that email address as a valid account.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
YOU SIR,

You, and all your cronies are highly unethical. Your time will come like any other unethical person. Eventually they all get caught, and you will too. The good people in your jurisdiction will eventually stand up, and break the good old boy system. If they don't you can be assured the sailing forum community, Lat38, and team 7 will see that this continues on. Sleep well while you are having the chance to sleep in your own bed. You may sometime in the future be bunking with someone you sent to a cell?

You mean something like this?......i2f....sent

1 - 19 of 19 Posts