SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I'll be damn..I am really surprized....there is hope oin the world..serious people and companies are still there...

Imagine this...every year, I spend 4 months in the South of Portugal, and when we're not sailing around, we use the Vilamoura marina. Been going there for ages and ages...they know me and my family/boat.

Well, today, my wife got a letter in the mail, registered letter, from the marina, stating that last year, somehow, we had paid more and as a consequence here is a letter saying here are 350 Euros, that is $462.00 US!!

Pretty amazing...I did not notice I had paid more..I just pay what they tell me to pay...

Anyway...just a curiosity, these days when we think the World is full of crooks...

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
You should write them a letter praising their honesty and professionalism and state that this is why you intend to return to their facilities.

I guarantee your words will appear in their next brochure. Marketing people pray to God for endorsements like that.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Lol... nice, it's good to know that, I think they caught you by surprise. I bet they'd want you to come back again or just plain old fashion honesty. Good karma either way.

Did you know the minimum wage in Portugal is around 400-450 euros? And prices on products and services don't scale with this salary like in some other places.

·
Registered
263 Posts
We recently over paid $120 in a shop in a mall in Lebanon.
Apparently several of the items were subject to a sales discount that the new clerk didn’t know about.
It was caught by the boss when she did the end of the day reconciliation.

A week later we were in the same mall and the clerk ran up to my wife and told her.

Big...big surprise.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
A small thing but when we left last year for our first real sailing charter we stopped by a coffee shop on the way tot the airport. Order and when time came to pay the clerk said the lady in front of us bought 10 $5.00 gift certificates for the next 10 customers to use. So, free cup of coffee for the girlfriend! Thought it was a neat way to start our trip.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Unfortunately, the number of companies that have such integrity seems to be dropping every day.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Well...I'll be damn..I am really surprized....there is hope oin the world..serious people and companies are still there...

Imagine this...every year, I spend 4 months in the South of Portugal, and when we're not sailing around, we use the Vilamoura marina. Been going there for ages and ages...they know me and my family/boat.

Well, today, my wife got a letter in the mail, registered letter, from the marina, stating that last year, somehow, we had paid more and as a consequence here is a letter saying here are 350 Euros, that is $462.00 US!!

Pretty amazing...I did not notice I had paid more..I just pay what they tell me to pay...

Anyway...just a curiosity, these days when we think the World is full of crooks...
After the photos/stories you've posted and this anecdote, if we are ever fortunate enough to sail in the South of Portugal, Vilamoura marina will be on our itinerary!! :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have more problems with gas stations that can pump 23 gallons in a 20 gallon tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts