SailNet Community banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Anyone else been to the 'whale petting zoo' in Baja? It is a pretty awesome experience.
Geurrero Negro? Amazing experience. Not a hint of aggression from the whales even though they are within a couple feet of you with their calves. And camping on the beach there is great. You can hear the whales breathing all night. Best short trip ever.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Maybe a sailboat appears to be an invading orca male . So the attacking orcas are defending the pod.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Young wild beluga. Did this for months.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That's what you get when you use black and white patches for your bottom paint. :D
I know some offshore fisherman that paint squid or a school of bait fish on the bottom of their boat and swear by it. Personally, if I catch a fish on a trip, I try to land on the same foot getting out of bed the next time I go fishing, wear the same dirty T-shirt, tell one of my crew who likes to smoke a cigar before landing a fish to bring the same cigars and smoke at exactly the same time....but I'm sure that the squid painted on the bottom must be the reason that....

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
People go nutz all the tike, start shooting each other up.

Maybe the whales have some mental illness?

Sometimes animals just get weird, Ive picked up a wild bittern that was perfectly healthy. While deer hunting Ive had a buck walk up to me and smell me. Less than 18” away. Either he thought i was des or I smelled that way. Wife is betting in the later.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts