SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!!! My name is Cliff, I'm a 46 year old DWM (divorced white male) fed-up with the same o'l thing everyday, there is no excitement or adventure in my life! My job ,which I have been with the same company for 18 years, has not given me the satisfaction and the happiness it once did. I need to cut loose of the everyday B.S. and find something better to do with my life!
In Feb.. 2009 I was on u-tube and found a video of this guy who left his life back home and went sailing around the world, I was intrigued, maybe you have heard of this guy and his project, it's called projectbluesphere. Anyway I was hooked!
I spent the better part of my teen years living on the gulfcoast and as a teen I snuck off sailing with some friends and there parents without my parents knowing about it and to this day they still don't know. Am I bad or what? my family and I moved to Atlanta my senior year.this is about it as far as my sailing experience goes but I'm smart, resourceful and love to learn new things, I decided to set some goals for my self and now I am off to achieve them! I have a long way to go, heck, I need to learn how to sail first LOL! but that's just the beginning of a new chapter in my somewhat boring life!

· Registered
8 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update! bought many books,and been planning my escape! house will be closed on in Aug. selling almost everything I have that's not going to be needed, looks like an estate sale is my best bet, yesterday I talked my sister and mother into helping with the estate sale, I never knew I had so much junk!
Well I have been looking into what type of boat I need to be looking for, there are lots of boats to choose from, being very mechanical and very good with my hands and my love for repairing stuff I think I'll look for a heavy cruiser that's well built but needs some TLC. before I undertake the adventure of a life time I will live aboard my boat for 2, maybe 3 years. during that time I will be restoring my boat, lots of work and time will be needed but I will enjoy every second I spend on her! Living should be pretty cheap so all the extra cash from my paycheck will go into making my boat safe for ocean passages. yes that's right, I will circumnavigate before I reach 50! that's the plan LOL!

· Registered
8 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update!!!! so now it's August, selling everything not bolted down, raising cash is so fun! moving/estate sale this weekend and i'm tired!!! I found a boat that i like, fits my needs and is a heavy cruiser with a great reputation!
i'm looking to enter a contract soon, i've inspected the boat with no signs of any serious concerns at this time, also knowing the owner helps! i'll have it hauled out and bottom cleaned so i can complette my inspection and i can take it out for a spin,been docked for almost two years! yucky under growth!!! you know, when i started telling people my plans they looked at me with suprize , now it's how much they invy me, go fig.!!

· Registered
8 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New update!!! I am now the owner of a 1980 382 morgan sailboat,i love this boat, it has great lines, it's in great shape and a great price! interior is roomy, there is work to be done and i'm looking foward to getting this boat ready for cruising

· Registered
8 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks everyone, i plan on asa sailing schools, i'd like to take as much as i can, i need to be open and learn from everyone, you can't beat the experience of others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.