SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Dirt Free
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See any anodes ?
I'd love to see this guys electrical system (Ontario 32 with no wind vane, no solar panels, no generator)

Attachments

·
Administrator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
9,745 Posts
Its a do-it-yourself stern thruster. I love unprotected wires going into the motor.

Reactions: emcentar

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
My money is on a power generator.

·
Dirt Free
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a do-it-yourself stern thruster. I love unprotected wires going into the motor.
The power cables are epoxied to the rudder and hull without apparent free play. Should be interesting to see how long the cables last with the rudder turning back and forth.

·
Administrator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
9,745 Posts
My money is on a power generator.
One of Harbor Freight's finest.

The power cables are epoxied to the rudder and hull without apparent free play. Should be interesting to see how long the cables last with the rudder turning back and forth.
Can you say "E Lec Trol Is Sis Grande" boys and girls?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
And it will only get better once all the new COVID owners face yard bills for thousands of dollars.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Why could it not be BOTH a generator when sailing and then a motor when docking?

You guys are just not recognizing the full potential here. This is genius at work.

·
Dirt Free
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why could it not be BOTH a generator when sailing and then a motor when docking?

You guys are just not recognizing the full potential here. This is genius at work.
Not sure a genius would have wired it like this.
IMG_3512.JPG
IMG_3512.JPG

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would say that it's an experimental rig.
Some one has taken the time to find out if that brilliant idea that he had will actually work.
A bit like that fella a few years back who dreamed up a roller blind fitting for his foresail.
We all know how that dumb idea turned out.

Gary

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Is that hot glue holding the tube to the transom?

·
1968 Columbia 50
Columbia 50
538 Posts
Glue gun? We don't need no stinkin' glue guns...on a serious side though, I'm not sure what the owner is thinking..

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Out of curiosity what kind of boat? Is this something heading for the dumpster or something of value?

BUT ALSO, note he has enlisted the flies to provide additional lift.

·
Dirt Free
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Out of curiosity what kind of boat? Is this something heading for the dumpster or something of value?

BUT ALSO, note he has enlisted the flies to provide additional lift.
Ontario 32. Have not been on it. Just saw it while surveying it's neighbour.

·
Advanced beginner
495 Posts
Why, what, how, why?
And why is it covered in flies? Seems kind of early for that up there. Are they living in the boat?

·
Dirt Free
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why, what, how, why?
And why is it covered in flies? Seems kind of early for that up there. Are they living in the boat?
Not fly's ... midges and they swarm at this time of year up here.
They are not living on the boat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts