SailNet Community banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
bell ringer
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thread drift is like a drift net. It is tossed out and catches “something” and the drifter is happy. Doesn't really matter what was being fished for as long as they got to fish.

·
Registered
Hunter 386
552 Posts
Thread drift is like a drift net. It is tossed out and catches “something” and the drifter is happy. Doesn't really matter what was being fished for as long as they got to fish.
Wait a minute. This is a sailing forum not a fishing forum, and definitely not a net fishing forum. Go find your own forum!

·
bell ringer
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Wait a minute. This is a sailing forum not a fishing forum, and definitely not a net fishing forum. Go find your own forum!
A friend of mine caught a drift net on the prop of this sailboat last year.

So there, it is both sailng and drift related and on topic of off topic :gunner:spam

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Going down the Mackenzie River one time Just shut off the engine while I made lunch. A while later I discovered that I had covered quite a distance. After some careful calculation, put it down to 'drift' . Does this have merit as it was a power vessel?

·
bell ringer
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Something new got posted

I hate that poster

But I need to read it, they may be wrong

I don't know the answer or what is going on really

But I have some drift i can give them to help, even though I hate him

The ahole didn't like my drift and said so

I NEED to explain and get him to understand how my drift is useful to his problem

He still doesn't find my drift useful

I explain “well it wasn't for you anyway, it was for the guy later who will read this thread thinking it is about my drift”

He thought that is crazy and that I just want to post on a thread

I tell the idiot once again that I am helping him and other boaters. Why wouldn't he just do my drift?

He got either tired or saw the light of how useless the whole thing is and stops posting.

Someone else reads the thread and mentions someone has a bird brain idea that is written up elsewhere

The next 10 pages goes on about seagulls crapping on things, then to how cool eagles are, which leads to a political post, which becomes Trump bashing, which becomes about foreign aid, that turns into taxation, which leads to people rights, which is now a gun thread, the mods tire and lock the thread

All because someone asked if people thought their beer was getting cold enough,

41 - 46 of 46 Posts