SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have all threads related to Covid 19 been removed?
One one hand I can see it can get crazy.
But on the other hand there should be some information available to sailors and how C19 impacts them.

I emailed Old Lyme Marina where I am expecting to find a mooring... about C19 impact. I did not get a reply. I can only assume that the office is closed down and they are not replying to email.

Manager of in water slips in Stamford told me water will be turned on 15 April as usual.

Would it be wrong or dangerous to go to my boat, wash it down, re commission the engine and a few other spring prep things? I can't imagine anyone else will be there doing similar. Would I be exposing myself to C19?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
The threads haven't been removed. You might have to go to the General Interest forums, scroll down to the Hot Topics area to see them? They'll pop up for me on sign in only if a new post has been submitted.

Re: your boat prep. If your marina is allowing work it's probably ok to go ahead and get it done. My marina is allowing it, just have to practice the distance rules. Keep in mind, the precautions in restrooms etc. Personally, I'll pee in the woods before I go in the yard restroom. ;-) If the rain ever stops, I plan to take my winter cover off soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts