SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Presently I have a 1/2" thru-hull fitting that terminates in a 1/2" gate valve. This feeds raw water cooling to the inlet of the water pump.

I would like to change the gate valve to a new seacock (a ball valve with an integral flange that bolts to the hull for added strength and safety). However, I am having trouble finding a seacock in 1/2" size. Most (perhaps all?) start at 3/4". Groco is an example.

Does anyone know where I can find a seacock (with flange) in 1/2"? I do not want to use a standard ball valve. Apparently there is a safety issue mating the NPS threads of the thru-hull to the NPT threads used in most ball valves.


C&C 29 Mark I
Port Credit, ON
1 - 2 of 2 Posts