SailNet Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting back up my evening sails on board my 38 foot Racer / Cruiser, "Hello Gorgeous".

Departing Elliott Bay Marina at 6:30 PM each Thursday evening and spending a few hours sailing around the harbor. This is a fun and free event to get out on the water and you need not have prior sailing experience. I simply do it because it is a great way to meet new people and nothing better than a relaxing evening sail (especially as the weather starts warming up).

You can get more details here:Link to RSVP / Calendar

Note: One does have to RSVP through my site, to get on as I use the calendar to manage the number of people that will be on.

For those of you always looking for a boat to hop on that is not a racing event - this is for you :)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
So you're back in the water Jody?

David

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I checked you blog and am glad to learn that you're back in the water.

Glad to see your continuing generosity in sharing the joy of sailing with folks up here.

Good for you, Jody!

David

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll be in foulies today. It's supposed to blow dogs off chains later. Nice to hear ya got feet wet again Jody.
Yeah - think today's will be cancelled. Then Sat's Race - supposed to be snowing... sigh what happened to all that wonderful weather we had while I was stuck on the sticks!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
If any one wants to sail wed eve, starting in June and July out of edmonds I am racing in the evenings.

David, are you doing the summer series too?

Had not heard about snow saturday, did for the evening. Last I heard wind wise, was SW 15-25 during the early day, changing to NW 10-20 later in the day. Joy, head wind to Blakley rock, probably change on the way north to Presidents point, so head wind again, maybe a run/reach to shilshoal!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thought I had 6 onboard, looks like 5 maybe 4 if sheryl hops out at last minute......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Marty

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
David, are you doing the summer series too?

Marty
Yep.. We'll be there...

Teaching Hope to drive now.. Not nearly as fun as teaching her to sail :(

David

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
um,,,,

Watch out for 3' long crowbars on the freeway. The missing dually fender on my truck was youngest daughter hitting one just as we came out from under the convention center south bound on her 4 or 5th day driving, hit the fool thing. I was afraid one of the tires on the right side would go away! ie BOOM! Figured out the fender issue when we got to tacoma!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
um,,,,

Watch out for 3' long crowbars on the freeway. The missing dually fender on my truck was youngest daughter hitting one just as we came out from under the convention center south bound on her 4 or 5th day driving, hit the fool thing. I was afraid one of the tires on the right side would go away! ie BOOM! Figured out the fender issue when we got to tacoma!

Uhmmm last time I saw your truck it was missing the port and starboard fenders and the tailgate as well...you must of had them fixed at Maaco...:laugher

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Port fender is ok overall, tailgate, well, what can I say, a 300 lb chuck of concrete decided to fall out of track hoe thumb and buck and land on the tailgate! Te crow bar was the front starboard side! Oh well, its a work truck, has not been washed in 2 yrs either!

Anybody know of 2 crew members for tomorrow? maybe 3? two bailed yesterday, sheryl is wanting to bale due to weather conditions...............

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Would be a nice evening tonight too. North winds 15-24 off of Edmonds right now, temp 39, WC 31F! can we say BURRRRRR! But it would be fun with a 110 up!, might need a reef on my rig depending upon number of folks on board.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Would be a nice evening tonight too. North winds 15-24 off of Edmonds right now, temp 39, WC 31F! can we say BURRRRRR! But it would be fun with a 110 up!, might need a reef on my rig depending upon number of folks on board.
That it would... would be sailing tonite if I was not knee deep in re-doing the berth cushions and doing my custom fiberglass frames for a one piece design.... <scratch - itch - scratch >

1 - 15 of 15 Posts