Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alex,
Thanks for the post hint.Am a admitted comp DUMBASS but currantly doing a 12 step program to fix that.

As i said this is something new to me as i live in the north country.
Across the pond are tiedowns the norm?I can understand the liability side of both the owner and the LANDOWNER...:D

See it as a good thing but wonder why it is not commom here.See pics of boats sitting on a cradle in gravel.....Makes me wonder what the boatowners are paying for and who is paying if the said boat goes OPSY....:)

Mark

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My boat is in northern Florida and the yard ties it down when there is a threat of a hurricane. The boat's in a metal cradle and, of course, they charge extra when they tie it down. I haven't seen the tie downs but they must be pretty substantial based on the price. :)

beneteau393 : Beneteau393 Group
beneteau393 : Beneteau393 Group
Ties it down to what?
Alex has ground ties coming out of the blacktop.
What does your yard have?

Wonders how deep ties are over the pond?And here?

Mark

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know what the blacktop is, but ours are on the floor, embeded in the concrete, that is maybe half foot deep, or more..not a civil engineer.

I don't know how deep they are, but I guess a foot or so deep in the concrete. All yards have them here. and it's common practice, and good professionalism.
Blacktop is a oil based ground cover.
Sorry,Here as a truck driver just refer to all things as blacktop.Concrete/cement is even better.:D
Tiedowns for my PLane for down 5 feet with 1in rod.Frost thing here.How big are yours?

You say this is common?Common as in the hole Med?Your coast?How far?
Spent 2 weeks in scotland in the summer but do not recall seing this.Then again all GOOD SAILORS were in the wet:)

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts