SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
East Bay Gal
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I will be moving on to a 27' Catalina in a few days and I have never done this! I am wondering if anyone has any tips for storing things on the boat, orginization systems etc. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, I will be moving on to a 27' Catalina in a few days and I have never done this! I am wondering if anyone has any tips for storing things on the boat, orginization systems etc. Much appreciated!
hmmm, you are moving "in a few days"??? That does not give you much time to prep does it.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
I own a C27 and when it comes to thinking about living on it full-time, all I can say is....you're a much braver chick than I am.

You really should look up the member cktalons on here and read her blog. She's done it very successfully on a 30-footer I think.

http://www.courtneykirchoff.com/

·
East Bay Gal
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, I'm looking more for decorative storage advise, but apparently people who live on boats are not very smart.

·
Banned
433 Posts
Can u say Storage bin? Think Van in Parking lot.Roll up your clothes. Assign a number/letter to every storage nook in boat and write where u put what in a notebook or puter program etc. Fill pillows with sweaters etc. Buy Saltpeter.

·
East Bay Gal
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have that much stuff - I am thinking about building a shelving unit for shoes and whatnot. How are people on here so dense! It is not hard to live in a small space. Ever lived in a studio??!

·
Banned
433 Posts
If you have only a shopping cart full of stuff to begin with then look on Sailfar and other small boat Project oriented websites for possible solutions as well as the Catalina owners group site for specific advice on your model.

·
East Bay Gal
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why woudl i fill my pillows with sweaters? and number things? It's a small boat. You people sound like you live in a bad version of a trailor park. this is the worst advice for something so simple

·
Administrator
5,915 Posts
sashlyk,

You asked and were provided with some opinions. Even if you didn't get the answers you expected, name calling is totally unwarranted, not cool and against forum rules.

·
Banned
433 Posts
I don't have that much stuff - I am thinking about building a shelving unit for shoes and whatnot. How are people on here so dense! It is not hard to live in a small space. Ever lived in a studio??!
No I lived in my Mommy's Basement playing video games until they died of cancer and left me the house and a trust fund. I am very good at Space Invaders since I have spent 30 years practicing. When not playing video games or spamming forums I like to get out on the water.This gives me privacy to take care of those issues that people like me have because we have no girlfriends.

Why would I live in a Art place? Wouldnt the Paint get on everything?

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
I've lived in pretty small spaces in the past. I'm just not personally all that into the ultra-minimalist thing.

If you haven't yet, you really should look through CK's blog (link above). She had that thing fixed up very nicely. She could definitely give you some tips.

PS - you're a spunky one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would think that one of the top priorities in moving aboard a C27 would be to maximize the use of the cockpit area for additional living space from below. An awning or full Bimini would do the trick. Living in the Bay area could present a challange to having warm and cozy evenings aboard the boat but it could be done.
A small space heater (emphasis on small) will keep you warm and dry at night when the fog rolls in.
Storage under the V berth is a great place for those items that are a bit larger and don't need to access frequently.
On the C27 I would make use of the Quarterberth as an area to put bins of ready accessable items (like a shoe rack)
The C27 has a nice folding table in the salon to put out of your way while down below.
Make certain you have a good laptop to surf and stream your movies. Personally I would not even consider a TV onboard.
Have fun and let us know how you come out!:cool:

Reactions: guitarguy56

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Hage - I'm not sure I see so much negativity in the first few posts. At least not enough to warrant suddenly dropping idiot babies on their heads.

What do you see as the problem prior to that bomb?

·
East Bay Gal
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
why did this person,who asked a simple question receive such a negative responce from members
You are smart - others, not so much, and clearly don't do anything but say stupid stuff on sailing forums.

Get a job ya bums!

·
Administrator
5,915 Posts
Alrighty. I think the useful suggestions have been exhausted.

Reactions: Seaduction
1 - 20 of 86 Posts