SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am desperate to get some more info/reviews/opinions on the TMI 27 -- formerly Morgan 27, then Chrysler 27 and Heritage Super 27, though with several modifications, especially of the keel, although I have no info on any other, including interior layout.

There is a beautiful boat I am considering making an offer on, but very limited info -- such as on Sailboat specs and data -- is available. I know the boat is slower than other 27-s, like a C&C, but I have no solid data, such as an approximate PHRF rating, or much else, for that matter. Could anyone help?

Ernie

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I'm late to the game but I have an 1981 TMI 27 in Lake Erie, Ontario. She's a fine vessel - built like a rock. You're right about speed - I never win a race. But I do get to spend more time on the water than any other boat in the competition.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with doclobster. I also have TMI27 sailing on Lake Superior out of Thunder Bay Harbour. She is a little slow due to her displacement but she is one seaworthy vessel. With a seasoned skipper she will always bring her crew home safely......she always has.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts