SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dear frineds at Sailnet..

I am going to tell you something I have been hiding for a while, even from the best of friends here.

Over the last year or so, I have had a bad health issue, that was diagnosed on a routine check, that issue has altered my way of being and all. It does give me bad mood swings.

I was diagnosed with a tumour in my gut, (intestins), and Monday I will have a complicated surgery, to see if it can be removed. We still don't know if it's good or bad. I hope it's good, because I would hate to die.

It makes me nervous, and irritatated, and sometimes, makes me treat people with less respect.

For that I appoligise now.

It was this, that made me do those videos, and post sailing stuff like I do..I wanted to leave my sailing expereinces for whoever comes next to see, and say..good it was not lost.

See you in a week or so...if I don't show up, my wife will need to sell the boat, she's a good boat, that will sail you fast and make you proud of owning, please buy it, she will need the money.

If all goes well, I will no longer be an AFOC, because they are removing a lot of gut..which is where my brain is connected (EHEHEH).so I can't post crap, or only little crap.

Your friend, at sailnet

Alex

·
Registered
286 Posts
Alex,

From a guy that had major open heart surgery a couple years back, please accept my wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Alan

·
Owner, Green Bay Packers
1,000 Posts
We're praying for you, Alex.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know you or anything, but I do enjoy your posts and videos. All the best and hope to hear from you in a week.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Looking forward to you're return Alex,( cuz everything will be alright ) find someone who can give us updates on ya.

In our prayers

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hope you recover soon. I enjoy reading your posts and you have succeeded in teaching me and I'm sure others alot with your videos and overall knowledge. I'm sure all will be fine.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Alex, Candles are lit for you and prayers are being said. A candle will be lit for you Sunday at St. Teresa's and Monday I am going to the city (NYC) and will lite one at St. Patrick's for you.

That angel watching over you, the one with the pink Dance slippers. I know her well, you are in good hands!

Damn it Alex my heart can't take this, You better get well!!!!

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am so scared...

I woke up in the middle of the night, and can't sleep. So I am here playing bitefight and talking to you guys.

spent the whole day at the hospital today with tubes up by "Sway"...

TOmorrow I get all kinds of tests, for the anesthesia, and CAT scans and what not..I am really nervous.I wish I would have to sail thru a storm, instead.

My son has a race, tomorrow and Sunday, and I am missing them...

Life is s**t.

·
Tartan 37C
501 Posts
Alex,

I'm raising a glass of Portugal's finest, toasting to your speedy recovery.

And recover you will, as I'm expecting you to bring Giu, Fred & Luis to Washington DC to see the city and explore the Chesapeake Bay with your SailNet friends.

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
When ever I hear of someone with issue like this, I want to say something profound! But, I am usually wordless, other than to say, get well soon!

Marty

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
I am so scared...

I woke up in the middle of the night, and can't sleep. So I am here playing bitefight and talking to you guys.

spent the whole day at the hospital today with tubes up by "Sway"...

TOmorrow I get all kinds of tests, for the anesthesia, and CAT scans and what not..I am really nervous.I wish I would have to sail thru a storm, instead.

My son has a race, tomorrow and Sunday, and I am missing them...

Life is s**t.
Alex, dude, here's how you go into surgery tomorrow:

We've all got your back! Now give 'em hell!

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
The Mariners Prayer
All around the world in so many ports of call,
They gather together, Mariners one and all,
Joining their hands and their hearts as one.
Seeking to serve, Lord, that thy will be done.
As we go sailing away to only God knows where;
Teach us to care.
Teach us to share;
Is the Mariners' Prayer.
Across the stormy seas of live the Mariners go.
Faith is their ship and service is their cargo.
Guided by the light that has walked among men,
Trusting in that light to bring them all home again.
On the deep waters of life our ships are turned and tossed
Some may sink in the storm and others simply lost.
Lord, help us Mariners all to help one another.
Help us to save every single sister and brother.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts