SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tohatsu 25 will idle and run perfectly with the engine cover off but as soon as I put the cover on it begins to sputter. The air intake on the cover is not blocked in any way but for some reason seems not to be letting enough air in. Any ideas?

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the answers. No pinching of fuel or electrical lines that I can see. The problem arose pretty quickly. Had it running at home when I got it running for the season, but the cover was off. I thought about the choke being partially engaged but that seems Ok. Could the fuel mixture be too rich?1

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I was not able to figure it out myself. Took it the boat / engine to the local outboard shop. Turned out to be an electrical wire issue that only acted up when the engine cover was on. Sparkplug wire replaced and tied town away from the cover. Haven't put in water yet to confirm. Looks like points top Dabnis for a good diagnosis. Thanks for all the suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.