SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

islander bahama 24
Reaction score
I have the 8 HP 2 stroke model sounds to me that a clean and adjusting of the carb is in order also check the fuel filter I did mine and now it starts on the first pull even with no choke I don't run/drain the fuel out and have been saving the fuel I'm running now for a year just as a test and no problems yet

islander bahama 24
Reaction score
The stuff on the throttle plate won't cause problems for the carb think small passages use carb cleaner and clean everything out twice hen blood it clean with carb cleaner again reassemble and run it

islander bahama 24
Reaction score
Interesting article, no doubt it is bad stuff. I can only speak for myself. I have had to use E!0 since it came on the market, around the early 90's, I think.

Used it in cars, motorcycles, generators & outboards since then. Mixed with this:

Fuel Injector Cleaners, Diesel Injector Cleaners , Fuel Additives | Berryman Products

& draining the carburetor between uses has been problem free for me.

I change the gas in my generator once a year, the "old" gas runs fine.

Other additives may be as good or better?

Paul T
Actually e10 has been around and in common practical use since the mid 1970's but back then it was called gasahol and not as well regulated as it is now days

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.