SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a comment for our moderators.

I had not been looking much at this forum for and when I started poking around again I have found it a lot more work to see recent posts due to the number of sub forums I have to check to look at areas that interest me.

Mike

·
Chesapeake Sailor
579 Posts
Mike,

Look at the banner near the top of the web page. There is a pull down menu titled "New Posts". You can avoid the nonsense by choosing the third choice offered.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Mike,

Look at the banner near the top of the web page. There is a pull down menu titled "New Posts". You can avoid the nonsense by choosing the third choice offered.

Wayne
Agreed. I am concerneed that if we add too many more subforums, then everything will be too categorizd; I am also concerned that if we take them away, you will go through a LOT of stuff that is of no interest to you. That is why they are only generally grouped by topic.

- CD

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Half the fun is ferreting out the new posts... You just might see something interesting that you would have missed otherwise.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes - it does make sense and yes I can look at only recent posts ...

However - I like looking at maintenance posts - old and new - to see if there is anything of interest to me or that I can help with. While I agree that Atomic 4 and Deisel inboards should be seperate from othr routine maintenance too specialized sub categories will result in people like me missing a lot.

Especially since we now have Latitudes and attitudes there are so many forums and subforums that it makes one dizzy.

Another feature that would be really really nice would be to have newest posts first within a thread. When we get the really long threads with dozens or hundreds of entries would be nice to have displayed in this manner.... perhaps as an option

Mike

·
NON member
544 Posts
Another feature that would be really really nice would be to have newest posts first within a thread. When we get the really long threads with dozens or hundreds of entries would be nice to have displayed in this manner.... perhaps as an option
Mike
I prefer it the way it is now, with the oldest post first and then just use the button to go to the first unread.
Paul

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yes - it does make sense and yes I can look at only recent posts ...

However - I like looking at maintenance posts - old and new - to see if there is anything of interest to me or that I can help with. While I agree that Atomic 4 and Deisel inboards should be seperate from othr routine maintenance too specialized sub categories will result in people like me missing a lot.

Especially since we now have Latitudes and attitudes there are so many forums and subforums that it makes one dizzy.

Mike
Hey Mike,

I am open to suggestions and making it a better place for the members. I can see your point. I actually endedd up making the seperate sub forums because other members wanted it that way? HEHE! Can't please everybody.

If you get enough to sign on to you suggestions, that is fine. I am flexible. Costs you a 6 pack though. My allegiences can be bought!!!

Take care and thank you for thaking the time to make suggestions. Most people dont even bother.

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts