SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sacrificial cover tore on my genoa (Cat 30) and I need to take it to the sail loft. It's an elementary question but does anyone know where to find the jib halyard on the Catalina 30? None of the halyards near the mast go to it. Thanks for any and all help!

-Fair weather
S.Dietz

·
Salty Dog
120 Posts
Once you "find it" be sure you always know where it is!!

It is probably an internal halyard with exit above the gooseneck running to a block at the mast base. the Cat 30's I have sailed have the halyard running back on the port side to a clutch near the cabin top winch.

If your furler ever jams or fails completely you need to know how to get the headsail down and off the luff track quickly, could save the sail or even the ship and life in an emergency!

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
The sacrificial cover tore on my genoa (Cat 30) and I need to take it to the sail loft. It's an elementary question but does anyone know where to find the jib halyard on the Catalina 30? None of the halyards near the mast go to it. Thanks for any and all help!

-Fair weather
S.Dietz
Give me a call if you want to. I can talk you through it. St. Pete number 727-823-4800

·
19,488 Posts

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
It could also be that the halyard is internal to the furling unit that the genoa is on... and if you're looking at the mast, you'll never find it. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a CDI furler like we talked about knothead. Thanks again!

Off to the sail loft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts