SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
I have a US as well as an EU (Italian) passport. Since the islands are British (EU) territory I'm assuming I won't be under the same restrictions as a sole US passport holder.

Edit: Again this is only an assumption, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Don't assume anything in the BVI's when it comes to residency. Being a British overseas territory isnt the same as being British and dosent come with the same rules. The BVI is not a member of the EU. It is the BVI. You will probably find you are faced with the same rules US citizens are or us poor Canucks face. Best way to ensure a residency permit is to buy a place there. If you can afford it and are going to be there a while its not a bad investment. As to a rental I would contact Caribbean realty in Road town for assistance and dont rule out the purchase option it really is a good investment if you buy wisely in the present market.

Also check out travel talk online alot of the folks there live in the BVI and can help you much better. One of the folks, Davide, has a restaurant there and it is a great place to eat. He lives on Great Cam and should be able to help you.

Registered
Davide's restaurant is great too. But watch out for the Grappa he may feed you as well it packs a fair kick.

Registered
Dont now about living expenses but am I jealous......(walks away sobbing)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.