·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Minnesail

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
And while looking at the night sky this month...

Mars will CPA Earth at the closest it has been in six and a half years in the middle of April. Magnitude will compare with that of Sirius.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Duzzis mean we're gonna have some weird tides during that nite/mornin'?/

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, somebody has to light the fuse on this so.... :) If you google "blood moon John Hagee" you'll get all kinds of information about his views on the supposed significance of this particular eclipse and next three blood moons coming up.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I took the 15th off and I've got my trusty ETX-125 all set to follow the moon through the sky that evening. Praying for clear skies...

·
Senior Citizen
439 Posts
Well, somebody has to light the fuse on this so.... :) If you google "blood moon John Hagee" you'll get all kinds of information about his views on the supposed significance of this particular eclipse and next three blood moons coming up.
Yeah imiloa! Light 'em up real good! Let's watch it blow. Then I can go home! :D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just a bump -- clear skies, everyone!

Reactions: ericb760

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
A perfect day!
116 Posts
Extreme tides often accompany full moons, which is what you need for a lunar eclipse... Btw, best views are with medium power binocs rather than telescopes...kind of gives a 3d effect. (Retired astronomy teacher). Lots of clouds here in northeast...too bad.
On another note...just took assignment of a new slip on a floating dock, well protected marina.on Long Island south shore..Whoo hoo! Can't splash til 5/10 but soon enough...sure beats the snow we've endured....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts