SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Order them

You can get sliding track cleats at any number of places. I bought two stainless steel ones (I can't remember from whom) and they work great. Excellent investment in flexibility. Check West Marine and Defender.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
i would like to find:confused: a couple of mid ship cleats to fit on my p/s 1-1/4"jibtracks......any ideas....?
Nick-

I have a pair of Schaefer genoa track mount cleats I'd be willing to sell you. PM me if you're interested. You'll need 10 posts to PM me. :)

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
BTW, the cleats over at sailcare aren't going to be as good or as durable as the Schaefer cleats, since they're a mix of aluminum and stainless steel, where the Schaefers are all stainless steel. The Schaefers are also designed to work as chocks, which you can't do with the sailcare rail cleats.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Schaefer Cleats:

Sailcare Cleat:

The Schaefer cleat allows you to use the cleat as a chock or run the eye of a dock line through it and over the cleat. It is also easier to adjust, using a spring loaded pin, rather than a thumbwheel. Finally, it is a single piece of investment cast stainless, not assembled from an aluminum cleat and stainless base.

Thnx for the info Dawg, I haven't bought any but I have been looking at them. May have to change my Christmas wish list.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts