SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bike is mint with only 12,000 miles, runs and looks great.I saw one on ebay close at $18,000 last year.I'm looking for a sailboat over 30ft. I already have a 30 ft. sailboat.Thank you,dave

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Why not just sell the bike and use the cash to buy the boat???

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
I second that. That's pretty much what I did. I sold my RV and will be using the proceeds to buy my boat. It might take a while to find the right buyer but you will and you might even get more than you expect.

Put it on eBay or something.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
It also gives you a lot more choices of boats to get...and probably more bargaining leverage on the boats you do look at.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Why not sell the bike and the boat you already have, then take the money and buy the boat you want. As SD stated, it would give you much more leverage and buying power.
Good Luck

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Seriously... think about it... What is the number of people owning a boat that is reasonably fast over 30' LOA... then think, what percentage of those want a 1973 Ducati 750 GT motorcycle, and are willing to trade their boat for it. That number is a lot smaller than the first one. IMHO, anyone looking to do a trade is basically being foolish about it...because you drastically limit your choices and destroy any bargaining power you would have otherwise.

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
Where's the pictures of the bike?????

·
Courtney the Dancer
3,971 Posts
I want to see the pics too! I rode English bikes back then (can you say "oil leak") but friends had Ducati's.

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
T34C, Either way you might be the one to help him get the boat he's looking for :).

Hey Dave, throw some posts in the Song Chain and get your post count up to 10 then get some pics in here :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts