SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a yanmar qm15 engine in my boat with a Kanzaki-Carl Hurth KBW-10 transmission. Can I still get someone to rebuild this tranny for me and if not is there a new replacement for it. I searched in the archives for a current answer to this question but couldn't find one . I looked on google for a company that does marine tranny work and couldn't find one the rebuilds this tranny. And help would be appreciated. Thanks .

·
Registered
623 Posts
You have a few options:
- rebuild it yourself
- have it rebuilt (as suggested contact Mack Boring)
- replace it with new. TwinDisc makes a bolt on replacement (you may need the bell housing from your old tranny) Marine Transmissions - Twin Disc

btw I have the same transmission, and when mine failed I replaced it with a used unit that I found on Craigslist.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help. I called Mack Boring and they estimated a rebuilt at $1850. But since I'm on the West Coast they said I should try Bozemans locker. I called them yesterday and left a message but haven't heard back yet. I will also call twin disc and see if they have a replacement. Are there any independent shops around Sothern California that can rebuild this KBW-10 tranny?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.