SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a sail boat. I currently reside in San Francisco and own a Santana 22. I am considering purchasing a 27''-30'' used sail boat. I am finding good prices in Florida and other parts of the east coast. To keep things practical, can anyone give me some idea on what a land transport cost from FL to San Francisco would run. Or if you have actual experience with coast to coast transport, what was you cost. I have no idea if it''s less than 1,000 or much, much more. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There are many companies out there that will give me a quote, but only after entering a lot of definitive data. I''m just looking for ball park to see if it''s feasible and/or cost efficient to purchase a boat on the east coast.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The owner of the 27''boat I crew on paid apx. $2000-2500 to transfer his boat from the Great Lakes to San Diego in the fall of 1999. He said they were able to fit 2 boats on the trailer so it cost less than a single boat move. Good luck........Jay

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information everyone. That definitely answers my question. Unless I am saving several thousand dollars by buying a boat on the east coast, it would not be cost effective. Guess I''ll just keep looking here for something in my price range. Thanks again and happy sailing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts